Anyone else doing or planning on using the Keto diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb since spring and started keto a few months ago. I enjoy a big salad daily and a cup of other veggies with my other meal. That is where the bulk of my carbs come from. I do get a few from cheese as well. My breakfast is bulletproof coffee - 12 oz coffee, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp mct oil, 1 tbsp grass fed unsalted butter and 1 tbsp heavy cream. The fat is very satiating, I have no cravings, lots of energy, sleeping well. I average between 1500-1700 cal/day. My macros are set 10-20-70. Like other posters stated there is a lot of great info out there, I recommend - http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq. Good luck!!
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb since spring and started keto a few months ago. I enjoy a big salad daily and a cup of other veggies with my other meal. That is where the bulk of my carbs come from. I do get a few from cheese as well. My breakfast is bulletproof coffee - 12 oz coffee, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp mct oil, 1 tbsp grass fed unsalted butter and 1 tbsp heavy cream. The fat is very satiating, I have no cravings, lots of energy, sleeping well. I average between 1500-1700 cal/day. My macros are set 10-20-70. Like other posters stated there is a lot of great info out there, I recommend - http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq. Good luck!!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not to be the bearer of bad news.. you're not going to make it to 10% cutting on 1300 calories. That is a severe deficit and eventually you're body is going to associate that with new maintenance levels... then what, cut out more calories from the 1300?

I understand that I'll need to begin a workout routine to reach that goal. I wanted to quit being obese as fast as possible.

XKqInFjl.png
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Not to be the bearer of bad news.. you're not going to make it to 10% cutting on 1300 calories. That is a severe deficit and eventually you're body is going to associate that with new maintenance levels... then what, cut out more calories from the 1300?

I understand that I'll need to begin a workout routine to reach that goal. I wanted to quit being obese as fast as possible.

XKqInFjl.png

Congrats on the loss, that's awesome. Just be weary you don't damage your metabolism in the long run. Watch this video for a better understanding than I could ever provide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1DsZMNfNw
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options

Congrats on the loss, that's awesome. Just be weary you don't damage your metabolism in the long run. Watch this video for a better understanding than I could ever provide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY1DsZMNfNw

That was an informative watch. I took away two ideas. Metabolic capacity and caloric cushion. I did not account for either of these. I have been lucky to not hit a plateau where I needed to make changes. If I had, I have given myself no where to go with my vlcd.

I am going to make some changes to plan to factor this in thank you for the insight!
  • kymberlin
    kymberlin Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've done Atkins before and had good results. I fell off the wagon so to speak and gained alot. It was hard for me to find foods I liked to eat and eat enough veggies. I love meat so that wasn't the problem. Now I've been eating semi low calorie for about three years. I lost 67lbs and had a rough patch last year and this year. I gained 40lbs back. When I get serious and do low carb I lose weight quicker. It's the finding things to eat. I like a lot more veggies now. But I do a lot of driving for work and eat breakfast and lunch in my car. I'm doing a lot more research now and I'm going to try the keto diet. Usually in the past year when I've done low carb I still ate two pieces of fruit. I'm going to follow this the right way and see how it goes. This first week should be easy as my hubby is away, he is a huge bread, pasta, pizza fan. Anyone want to friend me with suggestions and help? I will accept all the help I can get. Thanks.
    Kimberly
  • RebelDaughter1
    Options
    Im also starting the Keto diet, Im praying it works... Ive found alot of good things about it just have to keep too it. :) Goodluck
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I briefly tried it ages ago. Didnt enjoy it at all. I know people who have had lots of success, but its not for me. The idea of restricting specific veggies and almost all fruit seemed so counterintuitive.