Jogging in place

Options
So, when i am stuck in the house with the kids all day and I'm watching TV...instead of just sitting on my butt, I started out walking in front of the TV...that lead to jogging in front of the TV. It's easy to do and burns tons of calories...way more than sitting there and snacking! :) I had a major weight loss about 7 years ago (100 lbs)and that was one of my main exercises so I know it works! Just curious if anyone else does this or has tried it...I love it!! You may look silly just jogging in place in the middle of your living room ..but who cares! Soon you'll look silly and skinny!!!

Replies

• Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    haha! I do this ALL the time, since I am currently gym-less it is one of my main forms of exercise (also because I am a total tv junkie!!)
  • naughtynikkie
    naughtynikkie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! I'm also in love with my TV so I figure I might as well work out while I watch!
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I have done it too. Except I'll add in like 5min of jumping jacks, 5 min of jumping rope (my imaginary jump-rope of course, lol) then 10 of jogging. I love doing it! I don't care if I look silly. . . cause my family knows I'm silly:laugh: and most times they'll join in, haha.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yep...I do this too when I can't walk outside. Usually it's just me and the doggies home when I do this though...my kids and hubby would laugh at me :laugh: if they saw me running in place.. Keep it up..it's all good so long as we are moving.
  • GlamourBean
    GlamourBean Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea. I use the treadmill in front of the TV so it makes the time go by very quickly.
  • naughtynikkie
    Options
    I'll do knee lifts and squats during commercial then back to jogging..I am silly too..and the 2 year old I watch during the day loves joining me! I even got him into doing yoga:laugh:
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I cant seam to jog in place for much more then 10 mins. I have a folding recumbent bike that I will put in front of my tv to do a last minute burn if I feel like snacking at night.

I have thought about getting a human power generator hooked up to my TV, so that I have to do exercise to watch anything. But find that it is too expensive and know I would stick to the plan.
    http://www.windstreampower.com/Human_Power_Generator.php
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    Haha I was wondering if anyone else did this! I use it every so often...I find myself doing it sometimes during an intense workout video when I just can't do what they are doing but I want to keep moving. The goal is to get moving, so hey whatever works! :wink:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I cant seam to jog in place for much more then 10 mins. I have a folding recumbent bike that I will put in front of my tv to do a last minute burn if I feel like snacking at night.

I have thought about getting a human power generator hooked up to my TV, so that I have to do exercise to watch anything. But find that it is too expensive and know I would stick to the plan.

Wow, they actually have those? That is toooo funny. . . I would totally use one if I could afford one.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I do this too and also leg lifts, leg raises and other simple exercises. I do it mainly during the commericials. Every little bit helps
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Ha ha...guilty here too! And you're SO right....it gets the HR up there & burns the calories. I also add in other moves, such as jumping jacks, lunges, squats, (fake) jump rope.....it's great!! :)
  • naughtynikkie
    Options
    It is a great workout..especially if you add in other things...and what a great way to watch tv instead of veg out. I didn't know they made human power generators for TV's! Thats a good idea..but too expensive. lol
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options

This is great
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I totally do this! I've also found when I'm really pushing myself at the end of C25K to keep running if I jog in place I can finish it easier--even outdoors. Whatever works!!
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    Get a hula hoop!! It's fun to do this while watching tv - probably doesn't burn as many calories but still a good work out!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Get a hula hoop!! It's fun to do this while watching tv - probably doesn't burn as many calories but still a good work out!

Actually hula hooping can burn more calories than some cardio workout tapes... My friend lost 100+ pounds calorie counting and hooping. I have a hoop that is custom make for me that is weighted and I get an AMAZING workout... :) www.aurahoops.com