Pumpkin

Options
jess1992uga
jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
So I have a can of pumpkin I need to use, but I am a college student who just has a microwave...so what can I do with it? I am on meal plan so I can sneak out sugar-free syrups or something...but can you just eat pumpkin out of the can?

Replies

• taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i just mix it into greek yogurt with some pumpkin pie spice or make pancakes out of it

but u could make a mug cake all it takes is a microwave

1 egg
    2 tablespoons skim milk
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    7 tablespoons all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Directions:

1. Place all ingredients into an oversized mug. Mix together with a small whisk or fork.

2. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. If there is any spillage at this point, wipe off side of mug. Check doneness. Microwave for 30 second intervals until done. Mine was complete at 2 minutes. Careful not to overcook cake or it will be rubbery.
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Anyone else. Anyone uses pb2 with it.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What kind of meal plan are you on?
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet but I have it pinned for the future. No bake pumpkin cheese cake? Yes please!

p_R118592.jpg

The recipe can be found here: http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/cheesecake/no-bake-pumpkin-swirl-cheesecake/

Also, if there are a lot of recipes for pumpkin pie oatmeal (YUM!).

pumpkinoatmealfeatured.jpg?itok=QeMuAUWM

The recipe can be found here: http://greatist.com/health/recipe-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal
  • trackme
    Options
    OP are you on a weight gain meal plan?
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess she means "meal plan" as in college food... cafeteria...not making her own meals. I could be totally off, but that's my guess.

OP, I mix some with vanilla pudding!
  • trackme
    Options

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess she means "meal plan" as in college food... cafeteria...not making her own meals. I could be totally off, but that's my guess.

OP, I mix some with vanilla pudding!

I read her profile and was wondering what type of "meal plan" she is on. Maybe she is on a gain plan as opposed to weight loss, idk.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I think by meal plan she means that she has meals from the cafeteria built into her tuition, so she can take all of the syrups, sugars and other little condiments she wants home with her when she eats in the cafeteria. We used to make feasts off of these extra "free" items when I was in college. lol.
  • trackme
    Options
    After seeing your pic and reading your profile my heart goes out to you, you do deserve better and I hope you get well soon. Good luck to you.
  • sn00py0673
    sn00py0673 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this yet. I am not sure if you are able to get all these ingredients living in the dorms, but here is an option. http://kirbiecravings.com/2012/01/microwave-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin (15 oz Can), 1/2 cup (122g)
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 0.5 cup
    Great Value - !00% Whole Grain Old Fashioned Oats, 3/4 cup dry
    Mccormick - Pumpkin Pie Spice, 1/4 tsp
    Splenda or other sweetener 1-2 packets to taste

Mix all together and refrigerate overnight. YOu can eat it cold or heat it up. I prefer mine cold and it is soooo yummy!
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    She is on an eating disorder recovery weight gain meal plan.

You CAN eat pumpkin right out of the can, but I don't care for it plain like that. It's wonderful mixed in with some oatmeal, brown sugar, and cinnamon. :)
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i just mix it into greek yogurt with some pumpkin pie spice or make pancakes out of it

but u could make a mug cake all it takes is a microwave

1 egg
    2 tablespoons skim milk
    1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    7 tablespoons all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup white sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Directions:

1. Place all ingredients into an oversized mug. Mix together with a small whisk or fork.

2. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. If there is any spillage at this point, wipe off side of mug. Check doneness. Microwave for 30 second intervals until done. Mine was complete at 2 minutes. Careful not to overcook cake or it will be rubbery.

Yum!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've done two things with it this week.

Combine with a box spice cake mix and enough water to make it into batter. About 1/2 cup. Bake as directed on box, you just aren't getting the eggs/oil, etc.

I top mine with cream cheese frosting and it is to die for.

I'm trying a pinterest thing that involved a can of pumpkin, a box of vanilla pudding mix (unprepared) and folding in a tub of cool whip. Just sounded awesome. Can't be too bad on calories with cool whip and sugar free pudding mix.
  • jess1992uga
    Options
    Sorry to the poster who kept asking about my meal plan. I'm not on mfp constantly so just now got chance to respond but I meant meal plan as in college dining hall. I am on an exchange based meal plan for anorexia recovery but taking break.from it till.tom due to issues with tummy. Tomorrow meet with my dietician again. I'm gonna try oatmeal and then just add trivia to the rest of can. Whole can is 150 cals which is how much need to meet one of my snacks.
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    These recipes sound great, I'll be trying them soon.

OP Good luck in your recovery.
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin puree + milk + banana + pumpkin pie spice (or ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves) = one tasty smoothie
  • masson24
    masson24 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm on a pumpkin kick right now with the seasons changing - some great tips and websites posted. Thanks!
  • GetStrongGetLeanInMD
    Options
    First, best wishes in your recovery

Not sure if you have access to a blender or blender ball, but its great mixed with some milk and/or protein in a shake.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Good luck in your recovery. I wish you the best! :flowerforyou: