1 Week Down

Options
I have just done my first week weigh and lost a few pounds which is great! I've been tracking everything, all my food and all my exercise.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my food diary/exercise diary and see if there is anywhere I could improve (such as different foods, more/less of certain foods). I think I am doing okay but as I am new to this I am not as experienced and would like some advice of more experienced people!

Thanks!

Replies

• BlaZeN13x
    Options
    Anyone have any thoughts?
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Hello -

Congratulations on getting through your first week. I reviewed your food diary and I'm not the expert when it comes to determining foods. I can tell you what works for me. I'm a little carb sensitive so I do watch my carbs. I noticed on several days you had two starches at the same meal. I limit my starch sized service to 1/4 or 1/2 cup and add a small salad to my meal. I don't recognize the brand names you listed so I'm not sure what country you are in. I use Amy's salad dressings, they are zero calories if you stick to the 2 tablespoons. If I don't use Amy's I select a salad dressing that is less than 40 calories per 2 tablespoon servings. I also try to make sure I eat protein at each meal.

I eat the same breakfast daily, 1 egg, 1 40 calorie slice of bread. I usually eat the same lunch 5 out of 7 days, 4 oz or 6 oz of chicken breast, a 8 oz salad or 4 oz steamed veggies. I might have fruit.

If I have a real successful week I'll repeat that menu if I have a week where I don't lose any weight.

If you want to friend me here. :smile: I'm loveshoe because I do really love shoes.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have just done my first week weigh and lost a few pounds which is great! I've been tracking everything, all my food and all my exercise.

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at my food diary/exercise diary and see if there is anywhere I could improve (such as different foods, more/less of certain foods). I think I am doing okay but as I am new to this I am not as experienced and would like some advice of more experienced people!

Thanks!
    I think it's always best to keep it as simple as possible. Take a look at this link here. It should answer most of your questions. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I guess my question to you is.... Can you see yourself eating like this the rest of your life? If your answer is yes, than keep eating the way you are, but if the answer is "no" then you need to re-evaluate what your eating and don't think of this as a diet, but a life style change. Do what you can do for the rest of your life.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hey,

You're logging really well!

I noticed last week you left quite a lot of calories on the table, so to speak - one day you were 1,000 under, the next 800? I think most people find that it's more sustainable to aim for within a couple of hundred of your calorie goal each day - you'll still lose the weight. If you go too far under regularly you'll get tired and/or the cravings will get the better of you!

Good luck!
  • Zuhwut
    Zuhwut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on one week down! Starting always seems like the hardest part, doesn't it?