Usually up later and get hungry..

Options
As the title says, I usually stay up until about 1am-3am, and always never fail to get hungry around 1:30 or so. Any tips for this? I know late night snacking is generally a no-no, and would like to cut back on it or not do it at all.. OR if there are any specific quick grab snacks I can get.

A lot of the time lately I try to ignore the hunger (also a big no-no) and just go to bed, but when I do that and wake up to eat breakfast, I feel way to sick to even think of eating breakfast, which I know is mostly hunger pains. That paired with my already there stomach problems that the doctors are trying to figure out. Thanks for any feedback. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Late night snacks are perfectly fine so long as they fit into your daily calorie goal. It is a myth that eating after a certain time causes the food to be stored as fat.

So just account for the late night snack before it happens and enjoy it when the craving hits. :)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    What he said
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Late night snacks are perfectly fine so long as they fit into your daily calorie goal. It is a myth that eating after a certain time causes the food to be stored as fat.

So just account for the late night snack before it happens and enjoy it when the craving hits. :)

^^^^^ Truth.

I eat right before bed, sometimes in bed as I'm falling asleep. I've lost 40 pounds. Calories in vs. calories out. It's that simple.
  • kittiearecute
    kittiearecute Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone(:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I'd have to go with what was already said. I stay up late too (its 1:30am as I type this). I always have to space my calories out during the day so that I have 100-200 calories left for late night eating.