WOW, 20 lbs gone

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
I started this journey at the biggest I have ever been in my LIFE – 186. For my 5’9 frame, it wasn’t the most flattering let me tell you. I drank too much, at like poo, and didn’t exercise much. I went from my usual 155-160 weight to my highest in what seemed like over night. I was disgusted and felt gross. Very gross.

I started MFP on April 9th, 2010. Since then I have lost 20 lbs to date. 20! I always said, “God, I wish I could lose like 20 lbs “ and now I have done it! I have people commenting about it every day, and congratulating me. It feels so good to be back to my norm, BUT – I have 15 more lbs to go to my goal. I know I can do it. I have a long winter ahead of me here in MN to beat the fat off of me before summer, and I WILL do it. It has become second nature to me, turn down the icky, and go for the healthy. I have a Boyfriend, I am happy, and I am active. I don’t feel sluggish and lazy, I am happy. Ahhhhh!!! :happy:

Just wanted to share. Please share your success stories as well. I would love to hear them!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the 20 lbs. I started mfp 85 days ago and I have lost 27lbs I have a long way to go but I feel so much better and am wearing 2 sizes smaller now. I have more energy and feel better in general. We can do this, we will get to our goal weight
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I need to lose 30lbs. I will use your story to bring me motivation.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Jenna ,... take what you said and add that to me (except I was 180) ... I started on September 1 and am down 10lbs. Already my clothes fit better. I had been saying FOREVER that I wanted to get rid of 20lbs, but that really was 40lbs. I love this site. It really works and while I am being pretty extreme about my food intake and exercise I feel this can work for anyone over time.

Good work on your 20lbs lost :) keep coming back!
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    we CAN do it. Gosh, I cannot believe HOW MANY TIMES I told myself I was going to and never did. I expected/wanted it to happen overnight which clearly is not practical! Congrats to us, and may we keep going untill we ALL get to our goals, and stay at our goal weight :)
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Me too, me too. Always saying to myself-- need to loose 10 lbs. It just snapped in July that I'm going to do this and I'm going to do this now. Found MFP and have been making progress-- and love the changes I have made to get me there.

3 Cheers for You !!!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great job! i hit my heaviest ever this year as well. When I met my hubby, I had recently lost 30 pounds. Well, 3 years later I had gained all of that back and more. I am down 22 pounds, and 2 pant sizes. My goal is to be 20 pounds lighter still by Christmas. This will be hard with all of the Holidays coming up, BUT i can do this! you can do this too! Keep it up!
  • justyourtypicalgirl
    justyourtypicalgirl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started exercising two months ago and quickly realized that I was going to need more help. I started using MFP exactly 30 days ago and I'm down TEN lbs! I wish it would come off faster but I'm glad that for the first time, I'm doing this the right way.
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    thanks for this!!! I needed it for sure!!! i started strong on August 4th but trips here and there really make it hard on me to eat well....I am between 8-10 lbs lost right now and I have been feeling down on myself but after reading these I dont feel so bad...I just need to keep on keeping on!!!! Thanks and congrats everyone!!!!

"As long as you keep on doig what you've been doig, then you are goin to keep on getting what you've been getting. If you don't like what you've been getting then you've got tto change what you've been doing." Zig Ziglar
  • icujohnson
    Options
    congratutlations on the 20 pound loss!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!