Az Mom in need of friends & motivation!

Options
Hello all!
I've been a member almost a week & just learning about these blogs, msg boards & groups.

Looking to find friends to help each other stay motivated! This is my 3rd attempt over the years & I'd like it to be my last

Replies

• aross362
    aross362 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It will work for you if you let it! I originally lost 16 lbs in 3 months. Doesn't sound like much but I kept most of it off until I got pregnant. Even during pregnancy my doctor told me to gain between 20-25 lbs. I stayed with the healthy foods, small portions, multiple times a day. It worked! I only gained 33 lbs and I had major fluid retention in my feet and legs. Now here I am back again full-time because I need to lose the baby weight. I did it before and maintained. Download the app for your phone and start scanning everything you eat. Being honest about how much I ate was the first step in helping myself. Exercise can be hard to schedule and track. I use the fitbit tracker to measure steps and stairs. I will know by early afternoon if I need to add a walk to my day. It sounds crazy but it makes me get out there and get the steps I need for the day.

I find if it is hard to plan it is easy to avoid. Find the things that are easy for you and you will stick to them. Best wishes for your journey.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    second for me, first time was successful but I let it go to crap. request sent!
  • chrysa858
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find a lot of support here, for everyone is here to achieve the same thing. Add me and I will be more than happy to help you stay motivated. I have been trying for 4 years to lose weight. I started last January on my own and lost 20lbs and started MFP in September 2012, I lost 5lbs in about 6 weeks. I quit back in October and gained it back..UGH....So I have restarted, and did my own test, so when you work out and MFP gives you extra calories to consume, try not to use them. Try to stay with what your calorie goal is. I used my extra calories consistently and from the 9th till now I only lost a pound, and that is with being very very active to burn calories. Just a little tip I thought I would pass on. Hope to add you as a friend and to help keep ya motivated.

TTYS
    Chrysa
  • tsutton22
    tsutton22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Seems like a good tip...at first I was eating too many calories. Now when I work out and bank against my daily intake i was barely eating enough to balance it out lol I'm still gonna keep at it though