dont want to be fat at 40!!!

Options
3rd week in and i'm felling good but worried that I will slip back into my old habits, need all the support I can get:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• hayley12765
    hayley12765 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!!...im 40 next year and refuse to be fat at 40 too!...i slipped for a while due to personal reasons but im back on track with 44 lbs to go till my goal weight...keep going you can do it!! x

285703.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done to you - I sent you a friend request, have just turned 40 and it has taken me a little longer to get my butt in to gear - but I have found having a goal to work towards has helped greatly - also setting smaller individual goals are good and i have photo's of me looking fat on the fridge to stop me eating too much and one that inspires me next to my bed when I wake up in the morning its the first thing I see.

Good luck you can do it x
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    me to i have 4 years yet to shed some pounds we all can do it if we put are mind to it

add me
  • rosiemf40
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! Feeling the support already :flowerforyou:
  • Brummig
    Options
    Hi. I started losing weight a couple of months before my 40th. I was over 14 stone, on medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol and having anxiety issues, and struggling to keep up with my 7 year old son. He has autism and needs to be kept active, and we were talking about adopting another child. I joined Slimming World, aiming to lose 40lbs. I lost that in 5 months, and have lost more since, happily maintained and discovered I actually really enjoy exercise. I feel so much better at 42 than I did at 32 - best thing I ever did (and we are about to get that second child). I keep this picture to remind me of why I did it, and why the choices I make about food are still important.

Good luck - you can do it!

d06d6dd6-1436-418f-b8a5-5b83656bc8bc_zpsd3d492c6.jpg
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 now--and due in a month... so I'm not at my goal weight, but will be headed back towards it next month!
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    FR sent. Anyone here is welcome to ad me, we all need all the support we can get :)
  • _cheryl_
    _cheryl_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Also refused to be last Nov ! lost 20lb working to lose last 15/20lb and trying to keep it off :)
  • SailerSiren13
    SailerSiren13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 looking at 40 and feel the same feel free to add me!!
  • rosiemf40
    Options
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    3rd week in and i'm felling good but worried that I will slip back into my old habits, need all the support I can get:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    You won't slip back never. You can't take away all the meaning of your HARDWORK!!!:smile:
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to turn 37, so I have a few more years to go, but I share that sentiment.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What we makes as a priority becomes our reality.
  • TraceyCKing
    Options
    Im already in my early 40's I have just joined and need all the support I can get as I really dont want to get any heavier - Any help much appreciated :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Brummig - You look great! :)

When I turned 36 last year I said the same thing and have lost 80 lbs since. It hasn't been bad for me in terms of going back to my old ways. I still have treats (I work it into my calories) and I workout a lot (which I now enjoy), so I have made it into a lifestyle for myself and in the best shape of my life.

I look at old pics and I have kept some of my big clothes to remind myself how far I've come and I keep telling myself I am NOT going back there.

You can do this!!
  • Meneorama
    Meneorama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! Fell free to add me as afriend... I am a 1974 baby ;)... My goal is to change my body ...mi children are now 6 and 4 and I want to be fit.... I have been devoted of study, of traveling, of working, of being a mom... But there is always this shadow of being overweighted... More after babies... So for me it is enough! It is time to take care of my body and to be a healthy sexy mom at 40!!! :)
  • runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I turn 40 next April. I've about 30 lb to go. My figuring is if I can lose 10-15 between now and christmas I stand a chance of hitting goal. My goal is somewhat flexible. I want to be healthy and I think about 130lb will be healthy for my height. I may go further, but really I get my body fat measured regularly and I'd be more interested in these figures. For now they're still way off, so I'm just using the weight as a measure.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I just turned 40 in July! We can totally do this! Please feel free in adding me as a friend. :)
  • christinemurcia
    Options
    I'm 46. On March 13, I weighed 183. This morning 147. I did the 24-day Challenge by Advocare and lost 14 pounds in 10 days - 16 pounds overall - and it kickstarted my new way of living. I love that product. It helped me. If anyone would like info on what I ate and i what I did, feel free to write me. This is coming from someone who sits at work all day long and likes pizza and ice cream!
  • Lizerra
    Options
    I turn 38 in one month!

I have two kids one 5 years old one 21 months old, they keep me young.

Time is of the essence. Health is a lifestyle. Happiness is a mind set!