Back in the saddle today but...

Options
I'm already worried that today will be a total fail!

SO wants roast for dinner tonight. how do I count those calories?

and what veggies should i put in it? we have carrots, potatoes (which both of those we ususally use) he sad to use onion, we hae celery, is there celery in roast?

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    the point of cooking is experimentation. do what you want. but yes, celery is one of those vegetables that is often in dishes such as that.

and go to the recipe counter, make your roast into a recipe and then enter it to count the calories that way :)
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Celery is one of those vegetable that burns more calories to digest than you intake when eating it, so yes.. add the celery! :)
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    There are worse things you could have than a roast for dinner. For starters, what we roasting? Pork? Beef? Chicken? Turkey? Veggies are always good. Season well for good flavor. Use stock or low sodium broth instead of any water. If you want, minimize any fat you would use to brown the meat by using Pam or use olive oil so at least it is a good fat. The big thing is going to be portion control. Keep the meat to 3-4 ounces. If you thicken the juice with any flour or other high cal ingredients, keep it to a minimum. Veggies... load up! Serve with a nice salad. For extra security, take your SO on a walk before dinner to get a few insurance calories to eat back.

Enjoy!
  • xc600chic
    Options
    I put my roast in a roasting bag (mccormik seasoning sells them with seasonings to add !! They are great) I put celery,carotts,onions, and butternut squash in the bag with the roast and in the oven it goes !!! It is excellant !!! If you go to the calorie counter that will help with the adding it to your food diary !!
  • tbernard
    tbernard Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It never ceases to surprise me what sorts of things can be found in the food database. For the heck of it type in the name on the company that packaged the roast and the type of it, or the store it was bought at. Half of the meat counter at Costco for example in online
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    if you already think you're going to fail, the chances are higher that you will...how about saying "i'm going to do awesome because I'm amazing!" even if you're faking it...fake it until you believe it!