Sun Chips says forget the environment..

Options
jrich1
jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
They are dumping the "loud" eco-friendly bags because people are complaining about the noise.. I dont know if I will buy sunchips anymore.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39519624/?GT1=43001

Replies

• robinsnest0326
    Options
    That is way sad! I personally recycle because i feel more of us should do our job to look out for mother earth.
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I don't buy Sun Chips but I remember my sister in law bought a bag and it was annoyingly loud. I'm sure they can come up with some other bag that'll be both environmentally friendly and quieter. Aside from the sound of the bag, the feel of it really turned me off. There was something about it that wasn't right.

I wonder how much of the decision has to do with people complaining vs. the cost of the new bags.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am surprised they are doing this, and yet...I'm not. As much as I hate to admit it, those bags are WAY louder than you would even imagine. It was annoying, but I stopped buying them not because of this, but because I realized they dont' give you that much "bang for your buck". I LOVE anything that resembles potato chips, but I can have WAY more of Popchips, for instance, for the same stats! In the end, I guess it always boils down to money, no matter what Sunchips says, if people stop buying them because of the noisy bag, they'll nix it in a heartbeat
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Open bag, put a few chips into a bow, seal up bag and then go have your snack. Seriously, I'm sure those complaining about the loud bag were pissed b/c they couldn't sneak snacks. Ha!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Funny I just had sun chips a couple days ago and didn't notice a noisy bag.... just as noisy as all chip bags are.

I didn't care much for how they advertised the enviromental bag... it kept giving off a 'hey its okay to litter now because it will compost' message to me.
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    thats pretty dumb. i like sunchips and even though the bag was loud it realy didnt bother me that much enough not to eat em then again i dont eat alot of chips so im not really missin anything
    before baby 163
    1 month after baby 164
    goal wt 125
    current weight 138
  • jrich1
    Options
    I don't buy Sun Chips but I remember my sister in law bought a bag and it was annoyingly loud. I'm sure they can come up with some other bag that'll be both environmentally friendly and quieter. Aside from the sound of the bag, the feel of it really turned me off. There was something about it that wasn't right.

I wonder how much of the decision has to do with people complaining vs. the cost of the new bags.

The bag was plant based so it would break down when disposed of, its like they took this great stand for change to make it better for the environment and then stepped back and said NEVERMIND
  • msemejuru
    msemejuru Posts: 229
    Options
    I bought a couple of bags to take camping and no one would eat them because it wasn't worth it to have to hear the noise of the bag. The bags felt really strange. I recycle and live in a green-organic home, but I could never bring myself to buy those chips again.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, everything like that comes in a loud bag. WTF!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I bought Sun Chips before the new bags so I'll keep buying them afterwards.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, they only mattered if you composted anyway.

They are the only "chips" I eat so I don't see myself changing because they got rid of the loud bags.

Sorry Longhorn, We disagree on this one. They tried to take a stand but consumer demand does justify a change in this instance.
  • jrich1
    Options
    Not to mention, they only mattered if you composted anyway.

They are the only "chips" I eat so I don't see myself changing because they got rid of the loud bags.

Sorry Longhorn, We disagree on this one. They tried to take a stand but consumer demand does justify a change in this instance.

I do like them too, I am just mad I liked the loud bags :)
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Of course you did, You are from Texas. Texans like loud stuff! :)
  • jrich1
    Options

Of course you did, You are from Texas. Texans like loud stuff! :)

They are keeping the bags for original and redesigning the bags on the flavors so they havent abandoned the eco completely, I guess I can still eat em :)
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Lol, to Texans liking loud things... Its such a big place if its not loud its not heard... j/k. I'm a Texan and do enjoy having noise (ie. my ipod is playing on my desk at work) however those bags were a little obnoxiously loud, but the rare occasion I eat chips those are usually at the top of my list of options.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Funny I just had sun chips a couple days ago and didn't notice a noisy bag.... just as noisy as all chip bags are.

I didn't care much for how they advertised the enviromental bag... it kept giving off a 'hey its okay to litter now because it will compost' message to me.

The individual ones I have always found were regular chip bags. It's the large size.

I saw one of them in Duane Reade today and because I, like someone else who's commented here thought "Aren't all bags noisy?" picked it up. Trust me...it's a LOT louder than regular bags.