Biggest Loser Power Walk- no JOKE!

Options
Ok, I did all 4 walks on this DVD for an hour and 4 minutes. I thought this was going to be my grandma's workout and and an easy day for me. By the end I was drenched and burned 474 calories! I am 5'4 and 135.
Try this- it is NOT easy like I thought it would be.

Replies

• debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've heard that my fav, Blggest Loser Last Chance and the Power Walk were the best in the bunch for intermediate/advanced exercisers.
    You might want to give "Last Chance" a try if you ever get bored with Power Walk. : )

I thought about it but have 3 walking dvd's at home and really love Last Chance.

Hope you have great results and love it.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I am going to get last chance- requesting it from the Library!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hope you love it. I like how it incorporates all the muscle groups (except direct abs) and you do cardio inbetween but she always gives a "beginner" version. They people are real and not fitness buffs and I found it encouraging. She has an upper and lower body workout add-on too but you don't have to do that in addition to the 30 minute workout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did all 4 walks on this DVD for an hour and 4 minutes. I thought this was going to be my grandma's workout and and an easy day for me. By the end I was drenched and burned 474 calories! I am 5'4 and 135.
    Try this- it is NOT easy like I thought it would be.

I couldn't get past the awful music; they could have done so much better (IMO). I much prefer Leslie Sansone (most of her music is better..... not all though). Another thing I disliked (just my pet peeve) .....Bob walks around all the time giving pointers.

If you want a walking / circuit workout look for Walking Cardio Shape Shape Up Max with Chris Freytag.... DVD has 2 workouts.
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    I cannot find this on the database to log it. Does anyone know how to search for it? I've tried everything I can think of: Biggest Loser, The Biggest Loser, BL Power Walk, Biggest Loser Power Walk..and so on. Thanks!

After reading reviews for work out videos on Amazon this past Sunday, I ordered this one, BL Boot Camp, BL Sculpt, and BL Last Chance.

I also ordered Chris Powell's latest book (issued May 2013) on Amazon, because it is sold out in all stores in Dallas area. They are printing more to be released in October. Anyway, I just received it and am doing the Turbo Carb Cycle since he says this will make the weight drop the fastest.

Bought a dry erase board at Walmart that has the days of the week and 5 cubes for each, which is perfect to write the 5 meals that I will be eating each day.. and the time of day (every 3 hours).

So so so pumped. This is my year! Yay!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I cannot find this on the database to log it. Does anyone know how to search for it? I've tried everything I can think of: Biggest Loser, The Biggest Loser, BL Power Walk, Biggest Loser Power Walk..and so on. Thanks!

After reading reviews for work out videos on Amazon this past Sunday, I ordered this one, BL Boot Camp, BL Sculpt, and BL Last Chance.

I also ordered Chris Powell's latest book (issued May 2013) on Amazon, because it is sold out in all stores in Dallas area. They are printing more to be released in October. Anyway, I just received it and am doing the Turbo Carb Cycle since he says this will make the weight drop the fastest.

Bought a dry erase board at Walmart that has the days of the week and 5 cubes for each, which is perfect to write the 5 meals that I will be eating each day.. and the time of day (every 3 hours).

So so so pumped. This is my year! Yay!

To log workouts - under cardiovascular (for calorie burns always use cardiovascular) ...... you pick the type of workout, not the name.

Biggest Loser Walk is mixed impact aerobics (info here) http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/the-biggest-loser-power-walk-5910 ....there are technically some weights used here, but it's not really a circuit workout. Leslie Sansone is the originator of these types of workouts... some of her DVDs are really good. I tried BL Walk, but traded it (the music was awful ... to me anyway).

If you want a true "walking style" circuit workout ..... this one is my favorite: http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Cardio-Shape-Up-Max/dp/B004LB5F9A/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1379078717&sr=1-2&keywords=walking+cardio+shape+up+max

Workout that alternate weights / cardio are logged under circuit training. True circuits ... you will use heavier weights & stop to do pushups or crunches....whatever. Some of your other DVDs might be this ... the bootcamp one likely is. Collagevideo might tell you.

The calorie burns are total "guesstimates" because they depend on many factors ... some of which are height, weight, age, gender, and exertion level. No way can MFP or any machine know your exertion level.
  • cmhodge08
    Options
    Thanks! I'll check out that work out too.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I just started looking at the video on youtube. Are you suppose to do all 4 videos during one sitting or is it a level thing like the Jillian Micheals dvd? Also is it better to do this dvd compared to just walking a mile like normal?