leslie samsone dvds

Options
So, I finally got a couple of these and have been using them everyday. Granted it's only been a week, but I was wondering if anyone else has used them faithfully and how long was it before you noticed lost inches and/or weight loss?

Replies

• dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I love my Leslie DVDs. I was using them faithfully a few months ago and it really showed a difference. I was seeing a steady .5 - 1.5 loss per week (except TOM) as long as I didn't over eat back my exercise cals.
  • 1FitBabe
    1FitBabe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The Wii Walking Game...Wil Walk It Out is more fun than Leslie.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i tried the 2 mile walk on you tube yesterday and i just didnt feel like i exercised. i will try the 3 mile one next
  • Katefra
    Katefra Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's great! I plan on using them all winter, along with a treadmill I'm hopefully getting. I really hope I can lose some weight this winter. I've read some reviews for the dvd's and a lot of people liked them and got good results. I thought maybe if I mix it up like do the dvds in the morning and treadmill at night, I might have better luck.
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my fav is Walk Away for Abs 3mile super fat burner - takes bout 45 minutes & i feel it's a great workout
  • Katefra
    Katefra Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting, Is it a lot different than the walk away the pounds dvd?
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mine's an old vhs set with belt (4 tapes), but i've been watching it thru you tube - search leslie sansone 3mile walk, cast is in pink & grey. I sweat quite a bit during this one.
    Maybe something available thru her site or amazon???
  • Paula5130
    Paula5130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, up your weekly mileage, I was hitting 27-31 miles per week and loosing 3 pounds on average, minimum was 1.5 per week, but up your anti on the movements if they are too easy, more bouncy bouncy , worked for us, used them for 8 months before we joined the gym, been thinking of reintroducing them to change up the exercise.
  • Ive been walking with Leslie almost a couple weeks now. I am loving it . I break a sweat and feel energized afterward. I am not quite to the 3 mile marker yet but I am working on it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The Wii Walking Game...Wil Walk It Out is more fun than Leslie.

I like both. The Wii game is a nice change of pace. Because it's a game, time flies. It's really hard to find a copy right now though.

Leslie is great (for cardio) much more intense than Walk it Out. I have 2 left feet and most typical aerobics videos just drive me crazy.

To answer your question, as long as I keep my diet in check, I lose weight .... the 100+ calories I burn for every mile of Leslie aren't that much of a factor for losing weight. But, doing some regular activity for the rest of my life is going to be key when maintenance rolls arounds.....Leslie is my LIFESTYLE change.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that you have started Katefra!

I started noticing a different in inches lost after I started using the more advanced videos (5 mile Fat Burning Walk, 4 Fast Miles, The Big Burn 2 Miles of Intervals etc). I would say I was maybe at about 6 weeks in of mainly doing Leslie videos with walking outdoors occasionally.

At that time I was averaging approximately 25 - 30 miles per week and those videos have boosted walking so I got a good sweat in each time.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    That sounds interesting, Is it a lot different than the walk away the pounds dvd?

Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) were on VHS. These are older programs that are not chaptered. I find the music on most WATP DVDs to be too quiet.

Walk At Home & Just Walk DVDs are chaptered. You can skip around to different miles ..... making a 5 mile DVD a 3 mile workout. Pick your favorite miles. The music is much more audible ..... some DVDs have a music only option (love it).

To view video clips of different DVDs ..... http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise-videos/leslie-sansone-exercise-videos-10

This site will tell you what DVDs have a music only option, what DVDs use weights, what DVDs have boosted walking (jogging) ....these would have a mixed impact level.
  • sylnova
    sylnova Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use the 2 mile walk (from youtube, I don't have the DVDs) when I can't walk/run outdoors. I think it's fun for occasional emergency workouts.
  • bjdonnelly1
    bjdonnelly1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the Walk Slim, 5 really big miles. This DVD came with a resistance band and when you do all 5 you get a good workout. Great for when I can't get out to exercise.
  • TeaBea
    Options
    i tried the 2 mile walk on you tube yesterday and i just didnt feel like i exercised. i will try the 3 mile one next

The most challenging workouts have higher impact moves (sometimes called boosted walking) and use handweights. Sometimes you just "create" your own intensity ..... to add intensity:

1. Add light hand weights. These are light (2-3 pounds) because you're not weightlifting ..... you're increasing your heart rate. Handweights remind me to use my arms more. Leslie naturally moves her arms more in some workouts more than others.

2. If your DVD has jogging sections great .....if your DVD does not have jogging sections but has a countdown TIMER... I will use the timer to add jogging intervals. To find DVDs with jogging and other high impact moves look for mixed impact level at collagevideo.com

3. Simply adding higher knees, bigger arms, squatting down into side steps .... bumps up the intensity too.
  • fat2fabuless
    Options
    I started with leslie sansone and lost tons of inches.. i would do 3-5 miles a day for 6 days per week. i started walking outside and my lost has slowed (inches) so im getting back to the dvds... when you feel it's no longer a good workout, up the intensity
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    thanks i agree. i have done the 1 mile again with 4kg dumbells and its a great workout now. its a great lunch time work out for me

The most challenging workouts have higher impact moves (sometimes called boosted walking) and use handweights. Sometimes you just "create" your own intensity ..... to add intensity:

1. Add light hand weights. These are light (2-3 pounds) because you're not weightlifting ..... you're increasing your heart rate. Handweights remind me to use my arms more. Leslie naturally moves her arms more in some workouts more than others.

2. If your DVD has jogging sections great .....if your DVD does not have jogging sections but has a countdown TIMER... I will use the timer to add jogging intervals. To find DVDs with jogging and other high impact moves look for mixed impact level at collagevideo.com

3. Simply adding higher knees, bigger arms, squatting down into side steps .... bumps up the intensity too.
    [/quote]
  • sportymom_tc
    sportymom_tc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been doing her strength training DVDs along with tracking my food intake and lost 20lbs. I just got a new one and have increased the amount of weight too. Makes it easy to workout in the morning. Follow-up with 30 minutes of cardio in the gym at night to unwind.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Leslie walking dvd's are my go to exercise on my "rest" days. I've been doing active rest days, and her low impact moves are just perfect to get moving while recuperating from lifting or HIIT workouts.

I have one of her newer DVD's and it's more low impact aerobics, quite a bit more activity and movement then her old walk away the pounds series. As someone stated above, her stuff is pretty easy to bump up the intensity on. More bounce in your step, bigger moves, small hand weights all can make it more of a workout.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I was getting ready to type out a message, but realized I posted up there 2 years ago!

I'm still using these workouts most days of the week and it has helped a lot with maintaining my figure and keeping those 80 lbs I lost off.

Some days I would use a 1 or 2 mile workout as a warm up to other workouts, other days it's my cardio (and strength-training later in the day) or I would do 5 - 6 miles at once for the only workout of the day.

I'm really enjoying Walk Off Fat Fast. I like the music and the energy of the group. Doing all 3 workouts back to back (20 min, 30 min, and 40 min walks) gives me such a great workout.