How many time a week should I do abs?

Options
I'm currently on a bulk. But still do Abs I've only been doing it once a week but would like to switch it to 3 times per week?

I'm 5 ft 2 110 trying to get up to 120 or 125.

I do abs workout that Focus on the whole core area and I only have a two pack but my abs and core are getting harder and stronger.

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I only do them a couple times a week and not for very long. I focus more on weights.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I don't do isolated ab exercises at all. I'd rather focus on compound movements that work the body as a whole.
  • Cardinalsfan145
    Options
    I do about 15 minutes of core work that hits the abs in many different ways. Thanks I'm trying to up my weight more.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I only do them a couple times a week and not for very long. I focus more on weights.
    Bingo
  • shantasticc
    Options
    I do abs daily...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I do about 15 minutes of core work that hits the abs in many different ways. Thanks I'm trying to up my weight more.

I too, am a gainer. I went from 115 to 125.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I work them 2x a week and coordinate them with other exercises to try and keep my heart rate up. I have read and heard that ab isolation exercises will not do a lot for the tummy but I figure if I can burn a few more calories while resting my other muscles between sets, why not?
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I don't do isolated ab exercises at all. I'd rather focus on compound movements that work the body as a whole.

Me too.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Oh and I do mine likee 4 times a week, for about 15 minutes!!

(And I lift and do compound exercise throughout the week during my workouts!)
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Always remember that crunches suck. People ill deny it, but in terms of what you can do for your abs they're just the gayest of the gay fish.
    I mostly focus on weights, the only exercises I do for my abs are planks, bicycle crunches and mountain climbers.
    It's most important to try to engage your core during other ab-irrelevant exercises lol.
    I do mine twice per week.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Along with the Compounds, I train abs x2 a week - just my personal preference.