What type of exercise to log INSANITY workouts??

Options
kim_mc
kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
Hi everyone- I have just finished day 2 of insanity and don't know what to log my workouts under. When I search the database, what should I use to enter my exercise so I can calculate my calories burned. Can anyone halp with this?? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    HI Kim! My brother in law is doing that and the one dvd that is 55 minutes he burned 800 calories according to his heart rate monitor. If you don't have a HRM then I would use cardio that is high intensity but it still could be less than what you are burning. That may work for a little bit for you but I suggest the HRM. I found an inexpensive one on Amazon that works pretty good.
    I hope that helps!!
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I'm just scared to overestimate the calories on my daily log so I know what I can eat. Today I did the 40 min plyometric cardio circuit but there were several breaks in the videlo to get water or catch breath, etc. I'm just not sure if it is truly considered cardio for 40 min. but if your brother in law burned that much, I feel a little better entering it that way! Thanks again!
  • ryansmom33
    ryansmom33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    With my heart rate monitor on I burn between 250-350 calories per insanity workout, that's the plyo and the cardio one that's right after it.

I wish I could say it's more. I'm about 5'7" and 134ish if that helps you any.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    First go to Circuit Training and try to enter the name of that particular exercise. If not in database, there is a blub towards the bottom of the screen click on: Can't find what you're looking for? Add an exercise to the database. Then add in the name, time, and calories burned.

Use the calorie burn from your heart rate monitor to be more accurate.
  • hotnikz22
    hotnikz22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Calisthenic
  • parham_ap
    Options
    Thanks!
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor and its between 400 to 450. I would use circuit training on the database
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Use a heart rate monitor and create your own exercise under the tab exercise tab.
  • o0JenB0o
    o0JenB0o Posts: 39
    Options
    I'd suggest you buy a HRM as well. i found a cheap one at Walmart for 28 bucks { its one you have to push a lil button to get a reading on your Heart rate but it works.} I usually burn around 500 calories { 38 minute workout} BUT everybody is different and burns calories at a different pace so i would be careful with logging workouts using existing exercise from the database {those were created for/by a specific person}
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I burn about 350-375..just started 2nd week.. 43 years old and 196lbs.. I would def. get a HRM.. everyone is going to be really different on Insanity..just depends on intensity and if you can keep up..
  • BoltzNBrew
    BoltzNBrew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I burn about 350-375..just started 2nd week.. 43 years old and 196lbs.. I would def. get a HRM.. everyone is going to be really different on Insanity..just depends on intensity and if you can keep up..

I put 30 min Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort for all the insanity videos but Recovery so far. 374 calories burn which from reading other posts is probably pretty close. Just started week 2 as well and need to get me a HRM.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Get a HRM or it is just a guess. Everyone is different.
  • ttomasovich
    ttomasovich Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    having a fit bit tracks your steps and then you sinc it with your laptop and it calculates steps into burned calories based on your height and weight.