My wife had an amazing tattoo idea

Options
james6998
james6998 Posts: 743 Member
For certain medical reasons I can not wear a wedding ring and haven't been able to for the past 7 years. We were just talking last night and she pitched an idea for our 20th wedding anniversary which is in 4 years. After hearing what she wanted to do, i was ready to get it done today, if possible. Permanent wedding rings.

Sort of along the idea of this
cool-ring-tattoo_zps993d1ef4.jpg
I think its sweet but am i the only one?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I've heard of that idea. I'd have no problem with it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    DO IT.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So cute.

Stealing this idea.

Also.. something like this would be way better.. (for female anyways)

a.aaa-Love-Is-Forever.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the longevity and sound awesome!
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!

My husband and I have something similar, we don't have rings but we do have the Chinese symbols for pleasure and promise. We promise to make each other happy for the rest of our lives. We got them on our 19th anniversary.

I say do it! Do it now!!!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Loving the Celtic knotwork as well. My band has a Celtic knotwork spinner on it. Congratulations to you both :smile:
  • Caddell
    Caddell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A guy I used to work with did it with his wife. It's not that uncommon so if you want to do it, do it.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love the idea! Do it!
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. Be prepared to hear snide comments from individuals though.

My daughter got tattoos on her wrists. On one wrist it says "It's hard to say goodbye..." On the other, "...when we hardly said hello." A customer came into her convenience store and made a rude comment about supposing that she did such an ignorant thing for some fly by night boyfriend. He shut up right quick AND apologised when she informed him, first, that it was none of his business and, second, that she had it done in memory of her newborn baby that had passed away at 28 hours old just a few months before.

I do think that tattoos are less"offensive" to people as more and more of the world is getting them.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am just so excited to be able to wear a ring for my wife. Best part is I can't lose it lol.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've said many times if I ever get married I don't want a diamond, just a ring tattoo. I think it's a great visible way to honor a lifetime commitment, and congrats to you and your wife for finding that!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    It's a very cute idea. My bf and I always talk about doing that when it's time to get married. Neither of us wears rings/jewelry.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I think that's really nice. From what I've heard, that's a painful area to get inked, so good luck!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome. I would not get one unless I had been with the person for maaaaany years though. Looks like you have, so yay!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! Get it done now!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i've seen it before...think it's great. go for it. for running's sake, it'd be better to have a ring tattoo cuz fingers swell.
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options
    Yeah I saw this on duck dynasty, pretty cool.
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I love it. Hubby and I both wear rings but we want to get our wedding date on the inside of the ring finger to go with it.

My in-laws have claddaghs tattooed on their wedding fingers because she can't wear jewelry at her job.
    It's sweet and amazing.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    That's awesome.

But am I the only one who wants to know what the medical condition is?? Just curious.... allergic to metals? I'm allergic to silver...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    20 years! why not congratulations