My wife had an amazing tattoo idea

Options

Replies

• teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Great idea! It's more permanent, you can't lose it, you won't ever have to take it off for activities... endless reasons why it's better. Definitely sweet.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I know this 20 year old guy who has one, and so does his 18 year old girlfriend.

After 3 weeks together.

Not married.

With eachothers' initials in them.

I wonder how quickly they become solid black bands.

---

Now, for you, I think it's a great idea and would consider it myself in a steady, long term marriage.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. Be prepared to hear snide comments from individuals though.

My daughter got tattoos on her wrists. On one wrist it says "It's hard to say goodbye..." On the other, "...when we hardly said hello." A customer came into her convenience store and made a rude comment about supposing that she did such an ignorant thing for some fly by night boyfriend. He shut up right quick AND apologised when she informed him, first, that it was none of his business and, second, that she had it done in memory of her newborn baby that had passed away at 28 hours old just a few months before.

I do think that tattoos are less"offensive" to people as more and more of the world is getting them.

Wow.....Really glad she put him in his place. Wish I could have seen the look on that idiots face.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I knew someone in the military who had an industrial-type job and couldn't wear a ring either. He did this exact thing. I think it's a great idea, and especially since you've been married a while now.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I have a friend who has his wife's name and she has his name tattooed on their ring fingers. Why not?
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Go for it!!!! Congrats on the many years together. That is rare nowadays
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea. I am biased toward custom ink because that means that no one else will have anything like it, so I would say get it custom designed together with your wife.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

My daughter got tattoos on her wrists. On one wrist it says "It's hard to say goodbye..." On the other, "...when we hardly said hello." A customer came into her convenience store and made a rude comment about supposing that she did such an ignorant thing for some fly by night boyfriend. He shut up right quick AND apologised when she informed him, first, that it was none of his business and, second, that she had it done in memory of her newborn baby that had passed away at 28 hours old just a few months before.

I have to say, I got teary eyed reading this!

To the OP, do it! Why wait 4 years?
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I suffer from rashes from my ring so I cant wear it. Think I'll follow you on that one...
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I knew a couple who did this, and they always enjoyed it. They had a flowering vine I think? I like the celtic better. Maybe you could incorporate the first letter of her first name in yours and vice versa? Anyway, I think it is a great idea and a lovely commitment that you two have. Congratulations on your marriage.

My husband cannot wear a ring for safety reasons (he is a mechanic), so he wears his on a heavy duty silver chain. He puts it under his shirt at work and on top of his shirt when he is out (if he remembers lol). Would a chain be an option for you?
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea. The only issue is that with finger tattoos because they rub on the sides you'd have to get them touched up regularly. Just fades with the rubbing between fingers. Not saying no at all, just a heads up. I think it's a beautiful idea since you are unable to wear a ring.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm

Now you have me thinking.

My wedding ring is my husbands grandmothers wedding and engagement ring, it's worth a fortune and, while I do wear it, I don't wear it every day.

Now I'm thinking something small for when I'm not wearing my ring.

Oh, I hope you don't mind my stealing your idea!!! You've inspired me!!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue with that type of tattoo is durability. It may not look so good after a few years.

Are you allergic to metals? My husband isn't allowed to wear his metal ring to work, so he has a silicone band that we wears.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

But am I the only one who wants to know what the medical condition is?? Just curious.... allergic to metals? I'm allergic to silver...
    From 5 years of working with tools, machine shop i developed Ganglion cysts in the joints of my fingers. This is one of the main reasons i have to wear weight gloves in the gym. I worked as a production machine, mechanic and was always using small handled tools, ratchet mostly.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yeah we want to get this done as soon as we can afford it. Lets hope our next contest win is $ lol.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea OP.

However, I recall a thread you started a few weeks ago about money issues.
    So I'd wait the 4 years to do it or at least until your money issues have cleared up.
    ( i know a small tat like you'd get wouldn't be super expensive but your post previously was about groceries & difficulties affording them)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My friend and her husband got wedding band tattoos in Vegas, for their 10th anniversary.

To each their own. I love tattoos but not a fan of the ring ones.
  • futurestarz
    Options
    I just got married in June, and my husband wants to do this. Instead of the band, he wants to get LOVE written around his finger.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    because you guys been together for such a long time, i say do it!!! i wouldnt recommended it from the begining of the marriage but you guys are obvisously going strong and this would be awesome for both of you!!

My vote: do it!!!