fuller longer

Options
What foods do you eat that keep you fuller longer? Yesterday my lunch was oatmeal and 2 hard boiled eggs. Dinner I had a PBJ and I ended up so hungry by the end of the day I gorged. Any ideas??

Replies

• cinyb
    cinyb Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Try to get more fibre into your diet it makes you stay fuller longer.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1. Make sure that your calorie goal is actually appropriate for your body size and activity level. A lot of people drop their calories too low for their body to sustain and then wonder why they're always hungry.

2. Look for food higher in protein, fats, and fiber. These help us stay fuller and more satisfied for longer. There's nothing wrong with carbs and sugars, but it's a good idea to balance them.

3. Drink plenty of fluids.

4. Give your body time to adjust. Hunger signals are partially created out of habit. If you have always eaten late at night your body is going to remind you about that. Given time, it will catch up with your new routine and stop sending them.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Just PB&J for dinner? No fruit, no veggies throughout the day? Meats?

A good variety of foods, with good proteins & healthy fats will keep me satisfied longer.

Was that all you ate for the day before gorging because you were so hungry? What's your daily calorie goal?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    >Was that all you ate for the day before gorging because you were so hungry? What's your daily calorie goal?

also wondering this
  • grho
    grho Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do you eat breakfast? Sometimes I find if I eat a good breakfast with protein it helps me keep from binging later in the day.

Also, I would add some veggies-they will add some fiber and you can a lot for a little calories. I am not sure what your calorie goal was, but it doesn't seem like it was very high-maybe it was too low for you.

I also like lowfat greek yogurt nuts for a snack or partial meal. A bowl of soup (you can find several that are low calorie-I like the progresso WW vegetable ones and also Trader Joes roasted red pepper and tomato ones) can go a long way also.

I would also make sure you are drinking enough water, as that can help keep hunger pains away.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The order of satiety for food is first protein, second fats, and at the bottom is carbs. I'm a low carber and never hungry.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1310. I have added more fruits in but my taste buds don't agree with too many veggies. I try to have a salad here and there but I know lettuce isn't big on vitamins.

I don't normally do breakfast because I don't wake up early enough to actually do anything but to get my son and I dressed and run out of the door. Also I've gotten used to just drinking my coffee at work.

Thanks for all your tips! I tend to stick to foods I know won't hurt my progess.
  • ChrisH135
    ChrisH135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I find a cup of tea with sugar can keep me satisfied for a couple of hours for not too many calories.
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've recently started using the carnation breakfast essentials as a meal replacement for breakfast and lunch, so that I can have a more filling dinner after my workouts in the evenings. I have noticed that they are very filling, no hunger until dinner time.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
    PROTEIN
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fiber, fat and protein. Especially fat. I don't need a lot, but meals with little to no fat do not satisfy me.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!