Fitness Pal App for Pregnancy?

Options
Hi, my daughter just found out she is pregnant and would like an app similar to My Fitness Pal to keep track of her diet, exercise, etc. Is there such an app? If not, does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Replies

• BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any apps but I'm pregnant now, 11 weeks tomorrow and I just use Myfitnesspal.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If she's just tracking diet and exercise, why wouldn't MFP work? I'm not sure I follow.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Have her follow her Dr.'s orders and track as appropriate.
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How about using MFP, but look at the message boards here for pregnancy support?
  • Chellebear01
    Chellebear01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just wondering why she can't use MFP. She could simply adjust her calorie intake goal to accommodate the additional calories needed when pregnant. Since she would be simply tracking for her knowledge that should work fine.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just found out I'm pregnant too... :bigsmile: & my OB told me it was safe to eat at maintenance for now and add 300 more calories once I get to my 3rd trimester.

so for now I have mfp set up at sedentary and to maintain weight. If I exercise, then I'll just eat back those calories.

Congratulations! :happy:
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm preggers too (25 weeks) and use MFP to track calories/exercise. I also use the app “I'm expecting” on my phone but that is not for caloric intake. It shows if I am on target for weight gain and what’s going on weekly with baby/your body. You don't really need to increase calories until you are much further along (think maintenance mode in the beginning) and when you do increase calories, it isn't by much depending on how over or under weight you are. There are lots of calculators on line to help determine what that caloric number should be. She can also ask her doctor for a number to shoot for. My doctor referred me to a dietician with my last baby, but by then I was almost already due. This time I am doing something about it much sooner. Basically, they have me eating at maintenance and adding any exercise calories back in. Below are some numbers that I found.....I am by no means a doctor though so use at your own risk. This did go along with what my doctor told me however.

We also have a group on MFP for expectant moms: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1920-fit-fabulous-pregnant-

Pre-Pregnancy Underweight BMI <18.5
    Weight Gain Recommendations (singleton):
    ♦ 2.2–6.6 lb. gain 1st trimester
    ♦ 1 lb. gain per week 2nd and 3rd trimesters
    ♦ 28–40 lb. total weight gain

PRENATAL WEIGHT GAIN CHART
    Pre-Pregnancy Normal Weight BMI 18.5–24.9
    ♦ 1 lb. gain per week 2nd and 3rd trimesters
    ♦ 25–35 lb. total weight gain

Pre-Pregnancy Overweight BMI 25.0–29.9
    ♦ 0.6 lb. gain per week 2nd and 3rd trimesters
    ♦ 15–25 lb. total weight gain

Pre-Pregnancy Obese BMI ≥ 30.0
    ♦ 1.1–4.4 lb. gain 1st trimester
    ♦ 0.5 lb. gain per week 2nd and 3rd trimesters
    ♦ 11–20 lb. total weight gain
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    ^This!

I have a nearly 4-month-old and used MFP during pregnancy while frequenting the Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant board!