Options
13»

Replies

• chicarooo33
    Options
    Gin & diet lemonade, :)
  • nutritionmel
    Options
    i'd say gin and soda with a twist of lime. but seriously, alcohol shuts down your metabolism, so maybe halt the drinking until you have reached your weight loss goal? hard as that may be :)
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Organic Cabernet Wine is your best bet. It's not great for you, but if you're a cheapo like me you can get away with sipping on one 70 cal glass for quite a while. It has a ton of antioxidants in it, but it still doesn't change the fact that it is alcohol.

Guinness is my beer of choice, for both health benefits (as far as alcohol goes), caloric content and the fact that it really does fill ya up!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wine! Vodka or Tequila with lemonade, or seltzer and lime juice.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    i'd say gin and soda with a twist of lime. but seriously, alcohol shuts down your metabolism, so maybe halt the drinking until you have reached your weight loss goal? hard as that may be :)

false. drink up everybody.
  • SuzyBeah
    Options

false. drink up everybody.

Woohoo! I like you!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any kind of hard liquor and diet soda. I like vodka and grapefruit juice - its about 100 calories. Apparently Mudslides are pretty low calorie. if you do a google search you will find a bunch of results, I actually did this the other night.
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer snob. I'm not going to be drinking any of that watered down light p!ss so I pretty much have to plan on forgetting calories on nights I drink, which is not very often anymore.

I will have 2 beers at bowling tonight, possibly three since they have Sam Adams Oktoberfest on tap!

YAY!!! a fellow beer lovin chick!! I am SOOO with you! Give me a nice crisp, hoppy IPA or a Belgium Strong Ale and I'm a happy girl! Unfortunately stopping at 2 is often a problem for me :drinker:
  • christinemac17
    christinemac17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I read in Self mag---that Natty light (natural light) has 70 calories less than higher priced beers.

OMG WHY. I cannot believe someone just recommended NATTY LIGHT. I'm fairly certain it's based on what the magazine is talking about and not personal experience, because if so you would recommend actual bottled piss over natty light. hurkkkk.

OP - I like whiskey and lemon juice for a whiskey sour as anyone who reads my diary knows. also sweet n sour mix if you go easy isn't too horrible, I've been saving calories for that on my drinking days lately because I like it. I like tequila and lime juice mixed together too. as for beer, I like guinness on tap for low cals, and I sometimes will go for a crappy lite beer but not usually. I prefer cocktails to beer anyway. have fun :drinker:

No joke!! I just read on a beer blog, that Natty Light is in the top 5 worst beers! The list of 50 worst beers included pretty much all the yellow pissy stuff and the light versions of the same... yuk Luckily, in addition to some fine high ABV craft beers, I very much enjoy a nice whiskey, bourbon or scotch on the rocks w/a splash of water -- no need for those horrible artificially sweetened mixers
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    VODKA...There are so many flavors now and ways to make "skinny cocktails" that taste great. We have a bar that specializes in it, which is awesome!!!

Except the flavored vodkas have 50-100% more Calories (depending upon brand and flavor) than plain vodka. Add in a mixer, and you're talking 200 Cals or so. For the same Calorie count or less, I'll take a beer - preferably Bass, Leinie, Kona, or Sam.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer snob. I'm not going to be drinking any of that watered down light p!ss so I pretty much have to plan on forgetting calories on nights I drink, which is not very often anymore.

I will have 2 beers at bowling tonight, possibly three since they have Sam Adams Oktoberfest on tap!

I barely drink anymore, but OctoberFest is probably my favorite beer, so I don't usually pass on it this time of year. I just make sure that it fits within my calorie goal when I want to treat myself.

I went out one night during my diet where I decided to have multiple drinks. I stuck with Captains with Diet Coke or Diet Ginger Ale, a Vodka Diet Cranberry, and just a straight Patron shot. Pretty much the calories came from only the liquor itself, and not from sugary mixers.
  • gale1089
    Options
    I didn't read through every comment... but I suggest reading this article. It's got everything you need to know about alcohol and dieting!

"A Nerd's Guide to Healthy Drinking"
    ...or here is the link! http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/05/10/alcohol/
  • EIEIElenaO
    EIEIElenaO Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think wheatgrass juice and vodka sounds healthy.

I do not think it sounds delicious.