My wife had an amazing tattoo idea

Options

Replies

• ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. I have my husband's name tattooed on my back. Not as visible as those - but I think that is a great idea.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I am just so excited to be able to wear a ring for my wife. Best part is I can't lose it lol.

I think that is a wonderful Idea.... after 20 years your still going strong ! That is awesome and I love the idea to tattoo rings on. If that isn't commitment what is?! GO FOR IT!!!!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I like it. I think it would also be sweet to get the date tattooed around your finger.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I like it! I agree with getting something more customized to mean something to the both of you. You can have a lot of fun with the design process. =)
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    love the idea! Just know ring tattoos fade pretty quickly. Hubs and I were going to do that but the tattoo artist said it would fade in a few years. Instead we got "till death do us part" on our forearms. Even older people who aren't from the generation that get a lot of tattoos say they like it....then again you also get the "sure hope things work out with you two" comments. I just smile and say "they will"
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    IMHO

I think it's a fine idea. I, personally, have one small problem with the pict though... broken lines

Whatever pattern or design you choose, name, infinity symbol make sure there is at least one element of it that contains an continuous unending line.

A wedding band is a symbol an if you choose a different symbol... consider what the symbol represents.
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have one. When I lost so much weight my rings didn't fit anymore so instead of buying new ones since I still have a ways to go I did a tattoo on my wedding finger. It has 3 hearts, one for me one for my husband and one for our baby that we lost.

IMG_4317.jpg
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have this as a toe ring
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    IMHO

I think it's a fine idea. I, personally, have one small problem with the pict though... broken lines

Whatever pattern or design you choose, name, infinity symbol make sure there is at least one element of it that contains an continuous unending line.

A wedding band is a symbol an if you choose a different symbol... consider what the symbol represents.
    Well I do have an artistic background, was an artist for a small company in my later teens, designs will not be an issue :) I designed both of the tattoos i have now.
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

But am I the only one who wants to know what the medical condition is?? Just curious.... allergic to metals? I'm allergic to silver...
    From 5 years of working with tools, machine shop i developed Ganglion cysts in the joints of my fingers. This is one of the main reasons i have to wear weight gloves in the gym. I worked as a production machine, mechanic and was always using small handled tools, ratchet mostly.

They can't drain them? I had one in highschool, draining it didn't work but they removed it with just a little local anastetic
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If she likes to wear a ring hers should probably be a bit smaller than the one pictured so she can cover it and it won't peek out the bottom :) I think it's a great idea, though!
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Love the idea, you are adorable. :flowerforyou:
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm more supportive of the idea for couples that have been together for awhile, so cheers to you! I used to work at a tattoo shop and too many irresponsible couples came in wanting their names across their necks and such. We do our best to steer them towards something a little less showy in case things go awry (great example: Kat von D and her various ex tattoos, one of which she got removed). Another thing to consider is to make sure you don't get something too detailistic, as it will blur in a few years. Get something simplistic that can easily be touched up. Also, make sure that your artist draws an original design (don't take something off of the internet). You can use one as an example and he/she can go from there to create something unique just for the two of you.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I love that!! Super sweet. :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

But am I the only one who wants to know what the medical condition is?? Just curious.... allergic to metals? I'm allergic to silver...
    From 5 years of working with tools, machine shop i developed Ganglion cysts in the joints of my fingers. This is one of the main reasons i have to wear weight gloves in the gym. I worked as a production machine, mechanic and was always using small handled tools, ratchet mostly.

Will the tattoo needles bother you or cause a flare up?
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    never, dumbest idea ever......jinx yourself.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.

Will the tattoo needles bother you or cause a flare up?
    doesn't matter it would be worth it if it only hurt one time only and last for ever
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I personally think it is a great idea.

However, for your wife, just a heads up, it may not stay.

Some women naturally retain more water in their hands and feet, especially if pregnant or going through/ have gone through menopause. My step-mom got a wedding band tattooed on her because she can not wear her rings at work.. And it didn't stick. However, I have a friend who got a wedding band tattooed, by the same tattoo artist, and it has stayed for a while now.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My husband works around heavy machinery and we've personally known men who got their ring caught in equipment and ripped their finger off. So he had our wedding date tattooed on his ring finger. In the future, he might embellish it with my name or our kids' names.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    That's so Sweet , A great idea !!!