breakfast ideas?

Options
one of my changes is to have breakfast everyday. I skip it after my coffee. I do have cheerios and oatmeal. they are boring already.
what will be other healthy breakfast thats yummy.

(vegetarian and eggs)

Thanks for your ideas.
Take care

Replies

• IndianMuslim
    Options
    cheese omelette? you can add any veggies you like. when i have time in the morning, i will make a sandwich out of it and take it to go :)
  • cariorliz
    cariorliz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    egg muffins...the best on a go...plus you can add them with a multi grain muffin and some light cheese...
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled or microwaved egg + wheat toast or 1/2 bagel
    Greek yogurt + granola
    Greek yogurt + fresh fruit
    Hardboiled or microwaved egg + sliced tomato
    Oatmeal + fruit / nuts - so many variations
    Overnight oats - so many recipes you could find
    Mini omelette with veggies
    Roasted sweet potato with plain greek yogurt
    Whole wheat toast with sliced banana and peanut butter
  • guardgirl512
    Options
    Try a Greek yogurt cup with 1/8 cup of almonds mixed in. For fruit, try some cantaloupe on the side. That has been my favorite breakfast this week. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese & fruit

Greek yogurt, fruit & bran cereal mixed ....nuts too if you've got the calories

String cheese & scrambled egg in a mug

Make ahead breakfast buritto..... tortillas can be higher fiber. The filling is baked in a pan & cut into portions
  • OkieDreamer
    OkieDreamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a Subway flatbread with egg white, ham, and cheese quite often. Or sometimes I will make 1 egg and 2 egg whites either fried (using Pam) or scrambled with things added to it. This with a dry piece of toast, a slice of bacon, and an orange is a nice breakfast. Sometimes I also make sweet potato hash browns for a nice flavored addition. Weight Watchers also has some good oatmeal in the frozen food section (oatmeal w/ apples and cinnamon or peaches is good). Just microwave and you're ready to eat. I'll either add a Little Cutie or cantaloupe with my breakfast (or for a mid morning snack). Hope this helps.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having oats cooked with milk, served with a drizzling of honey, and frozen raspberries microwaved for 30 secs, and a spoonful of greek yoghurt!! OMG
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten free and low carb:

1 egg 1 egg white w/ Chex cereal
    1 egg 1 egg white w/ Gluten Free bread and syrup for french toast
    Omelettes located with veggeis
  • Imabemee
    Options
    try food?

Don't feel like you have to limit yourself to traditional "breakfast foods", I personally enjoy a waldorf chicken salad (no mayo, just because I don't like it) often for breakfast.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    i make a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a bagel thin often, which you could easily make vegetarian
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bananas or apples with peanut butter. Whole grain toast with an egg. Granola with dark chocolate almond milk. The maaany variations one can do with oatmeal. Those are pretty much my breakfast go to foods. On the weekends I might make something more elaborate like an egg scramble with cheese and veggies, whole wheat or oatmeal pancakes etc. breakfast is the best.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and banana sandwich!
  • dth256
    dth256 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do a turkey sausage patty and yogurt once I get to work.
    I don't like/have time to eat while still at home.
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make an egg every morning and put it in a low carb/ low cal wheat tortilla with anything else I want. Its fast, easy, and keeps me full for a few hours. Throw in veggies, cheese, literally anything you want.

**Its also great because I can either eat it at home right away or take everything in seperate baggies/containers and put it together at work. Like today I did turkey, salsa jack cheese, egg in a tortilla but put it all together at work. Delicious!
  • KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I do porridge made with water- then add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a teaspoon of jam- yummy!
  • jamgirl19777
    Options
    egg muffins..spray muffin pan with cooking spray..... put whatever veggies next (bottom)...then mix some eggs with a little milk, spices....pour it in and top with cheese or not and bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees, its low cal,fast and easy on the go
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I make banana oat 2 ingredient breakfast cookies. Even my 8 year old loves them and if you add mix ins like nuts, dark chocolate chips or dried fruit they don't get boring.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hear the morning is the best time to eat fruit, so a fruit salad and for protein you can add some nuts or grilled chicken breast or egg *egg white if counting calories and cholesterol*

there are also a billion combination of fruit smoothies and you can add protein powder

and last good old oats are a great way to start the day and the possibilities with oats are endless