If you really want to clean out your colon...

Options
Eat nothing but veggies, whole fresh fruit and real whole grains (like steel cut oats, not like "made with whole grains" processed food products) for a week. With a little bit of healthy oils and vegetable sources of protein.

Why isn't that cleanse catching up?

It is real plant fiber's job to clean it. Removing all fiber from your diet is the worst thing you can do for your digestive system.

Replies

• hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Do that, or just poop on a regular basis.
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Doing that will help you poop on a regular bases.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have specified that pooping is allowed in this regimen.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The colon isn't supposed to be "cleaned out".
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Best colon cleanse, or actually a full GI tract cleanse, I have found is prune juice. I was turned away from giving blood because my iron was low so I thought a glass of prune juice every morning should help. I had to call off work on day 3. :noway:
  • rosieflo
    Options
    Does prune juice have iron? I'm very iron deficient. So much that they have put me on iron supplements, but I'm trying to find ways to boost it and keep it level so I can eventually stop taking the supplements. They make my stomach hurt!
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Best colon cleanse, or actually a full GI tract cleanse, I have found is prune juice. I was turned away from giving blood because my iron was low so I thought a glass of prune juice every morning should help. I had to call off work on day 3. :noway:

One of the funniest posts I read today!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Does prune juice have iron? I'm very iron deficient. So much that they have put me on iron supplements, but I'm trying to find ways to boost it and keep it level so I can eventually stop taking the supplements. They make my stomach hurt!

Lower your dairy intake, or at least do not consume dairy with protein. Dairy inhibits the absorption of iron. That was the most important thing I learned when I was vegetarian and trying to donate blood.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Yes, it's a good source of iron. Prunes and raisins both are good sources. Dark greens and dried beans also good sources. And beef.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Eat red meat and lots of dark, leafy, green vegetables.
  • JCakebread
    Options
    I eat a mostly plant based diet(as in I eat meat once a week or less). When I was first making the switch I purchased a cast iron skillet. It helps get extra iron into your food. I also take a supplement because I am nursing a 5 month old!
  • TheLung
    Options
    DRINKING water helps also.