6 months = 61 pounds gone!!

Options
Hi there...
Just wanted to share my success story today, as I firmly hit my "way out there goal" today!

Back story -
I am 34 years old and have always been heavy. I grew up that way and just became ok with. I started my career in law enforcement being one of the 'bigger' fella's, but that was fine as it did not impact my health or safety at work too much. Fast forward 10 years and I had gained a bunch of weight, and it was starting to wear me down.

I started my desire to "get right" about four years ago. I wanted to make a lasting and permanet change in my life.
Step 1 - Get rid of sugar drinks (Mello Yello was my drink/drug of choice)
Step 2 - Change eating habits
Step 3 - Walk

Step 1 happened on New Years Eve for me in 2008. I was on patrol and got my last mello yello out of fountain at 1030pm. Me and my Mello Yello had a good final night and at 1155pm, I poured the rest out and haven't looked back. I stayed on step 1 for almost a year, as I always found an excuse to not move on.

Step 2 begin in November of 2009. For the next step I joined Weight Watchers and began the love/hate relationship with points. I stayed active with Weight Watchers for about 11 months and then just got tired of always trying to lookup point totals etc. I started WW at 345 pounds and lost 50 pounds. I ended my love/hate relationship in October of 2010 at 295 lbs, but not happy about it. For my WW time, I did some walking, but not much, and mostly because I was never really rewarded for walking.

Step 2b began in March of 2013. I had become angry with myself again about my weight gain and found a site and app called MyFitnessPal that looked like it could help. So, here I went again, joining another diet program. Then I saw 2 things, it was free and had an awesome community of people for sharing and motivation. So, it began.

I started this current diet at 321 pounds. But this diet was going to be a shared focus of eating right and working out. So it began and boy was it working. MyFitnessPal was beyond easy! Calories, and well, that's it.

When I started this last diet, I set three goals for myself. I had the 1) I'll be happy with 270 pounds 2) I really want 265 3) 260 is beyond my reach, but let's go!!

I am happy to say that today I hit 259.3 mark!!!!

In addition, I have focused on my running/walking. I have been pushing myself all summer to hit a 10 min mile and a 34 minute 5k.
I have a quickest mile at 9:50 and a 5k at 33:35!

I am not one to brag, in fact most people at work know I have been losing weight, but I haven't shared my goals with anyout outside a couple of close friends.

Big props and big thanks to the MyFitnessPal folks and all the forum members who post success stories in these forums. I have read many many many stories, each one only making me reach down and continue towards my goal!

So, next question, 215 or 225???

Replies

• doodlebug32
    doodlebug32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    great job!!! keep up the great work! :)
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You must feel so wonderful :)
  • watercolorarteest
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm a lurker on the success stories message board, seeking inspiration daily where I can find it. It works too! Congrats on your progress! There are no limits except those you put on yourself! Step it up a notch and reach for that next goal!
  • heather_c_73
    heather_c_73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS JOB!!! You have done amazing things! You stayed focus and it really paid off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!