IIFYM - HELP!!!!!!!

Options
I am in need of a new approach to lose my weight. I live and swear by IIFYM but in the past I had entered an incorrect body fat percentage and have been eating too much. I now have an accurate body fat percentage number and these are the results I got. I will also be doing 120 mins of cardio per week for the next 7 weeks and then I will be increasing my cardio.

I am 21 y/o female, 5' 2" with a body fat percentage of 60% weighing in at 236lbs.

These are my macro numbers:

Carbs = 76.3 grams
Protein = 94.4 grams
Fat = 82.6 grams
Cal = 1426

I got these numbers with an aggressive fat loss, 1.00 grams of protein per lb. of body weight and 0.35 grams of fat per lb. of body weight.

Do these numbers seem accurate to you?

Should I be eating carbs throughout the day for energy? and then eat NO carbs for dinner? (We eat dinner around 7:30 and in bed by 9:00)

What about on cardio days? Should I eat carbs prior to my cardio workout and then a little bit after? or a lot? with proteins and fats?? ( I get up at 6 am start working out by 6:30 am - today I ate a banana at 6 and drank some water before starting my workout)

Please help! I am so confused!! I am not worried about toning at this time. I will wait for my body fat percentage to be lower.

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    What calculator did you use? I prefer :http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I find this calculator gives me better numbers (based on personal experience and trial and error self-studies of my body and dietary needs) than any other. Those numbers seem a bit low to me, but everyone is different. Ultimately you should probably be eating back exercise calories if you are tracking those while maintaining your desired deficit.

Feel free to add me if you'd like to talk more in depth.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options

That is what I used
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    IIFYM has been defined in many ways. The only way I could find it to makes sense clearly to me is this article. http://www.trimmedandtoned.com/beginners-guide-to-iifym

I never worry about carb cycling, I just adjust my calorie intake which than adjust my macros.
    For instance on active rest days I eat at a deficit, I base the percentage off of how I am wanting my body to look at the time.
    Than on lifting days I eat at maintenance and on leg days I eat a surplus.

For best long term results I wouldn't follow 25% I would do 20 or even 15% I get that you want results fast but this is the best way to follow IIFYM for long term results. I see your stats and I know that you aren't just trying to cut for a show or anything, so don't follow reckless.
  • iamMLH
    iamMLH Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I plugged your numbers in (with some estimates) I got:

CARBS = 54.6
    PROTEIN = 236
    FAT = 82.6
    FIBER = 47-59
    CALORIES = 1906

I may have used some different measurements than you did, though.