Do you "dress out" to work out at home?

Options
I know some of you are going to say that if you want a "real" workout then you need to go all out and do it, but just humor me and tell me if you really DO dress out completely to work out. I do my workouts in the early morning and usually go to the gym (4:30am) so I am dressed out, but I'm debating doing some videos at home (30 day shred or something like it) in the mornings instead. Men have it easier, roll out of bed, throw on the boxers and shoes and go downstairs. But ladies (***sorry for the TMI) but I have to wear 2 sports bras b/c I am currently breastfeeding and they need extra support. So with the sports bras and shirt, short, socks, shoes, ugh...It's a lot to go work out in the privacy of my own home. So, do you?

Okay, or maybe I'm just nosey and want to know what YOU do. lol.:laugh:

Replies

• epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Sure do! I don't want to get other clothes all sweaty. Sometimes I skip socks and shoes, but only when doing yoga or pilates.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do too, but since my weight loss, I'll wear my larger workout clothes at home and wear the better fitting ones at the gym. I don't care if I look like a schlub at home haha
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am usually doing my videos at home after working out at the gym so yeah but I would have to say even if I weren't I would dress because yeah, boobs HURT when you are doing jumping around and such. I also must wear shoes. In fact, I have a pair that I use now ONLY for working out at home.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I change, too. Sometimes I am a bit more skimpy at home than I would be at the gym but totally, I put on the "other" bra etc!

D
  • becomingsara
    Options
    I agree with the other ladies...MUST WEAR SPORTS BRA for my kickboxing DVD's...and same with the seperate shoes too (the traction seems to keep better if I keep them as indoor workout shoes only). I do workout at night though (I get home from work and change directly into my WO clothes), but I can understand about wanting to just roll out of bed. Have you thought of sleeping in your sportsbra, or at least the nursing sportsbra so changing out is a little easier?
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep! I wear the same at the gym as I do at home because after every work out I go for a walk and I can't have them girls bouncin'! It hurts and I can't focus on my breath or pace while walking. Also, I warm up before every work out so I need the support for that too. If I'm JUST doing Pilates, I'll wear one of my looser sports bras just because I'm not moving around too much, it's not a lot of cardio. Also, I do wear socks & shoes for my Jillian DVD but go barefoot for Ab Ripper X & Pilates.
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    I like to work out at home because I can just wear my sports bra and shorts ... can't do that at the gym just yet LOL
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    feet up - sock, shoes, panties, work out pants or short, sports bra.
    Tada.
    All my work outs are at home with the exception of yoga. Only difference is I wear a tank top to yoga.
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yea I do because I don't want to get my pjs or other cloths that are for other things all sweaty and gross. I also want to be comfy and put on clothes that I will be able to move and not have restricting workout. I think it makes it easier to get a better workout and in the end burn those calories.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    At home I don't usually bother with Shirt, shoes or socks. I do have the rest on though.

Edit: If I am just doing yoga, sometimes I will do it in my PJ's.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I like to work out at home because I can just wear my sports bra and shorts ... can't do that at the gym just yet LOL

This is what I do too. Everything else is the same for me.
  • christina1109
    Options
    I too am breastfeeding and have learned from experience that NOT wearing the proper clothing while working out at home is not a good thing. I even wear my shoes even though we don't normally wear shoes in the house.
  • EmilyV80
    EmilyV80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do. I have to wear two sports bras to run and then I wear a shirt too because I sweat so much and I hate feeling it run down my back and stuff. I like to have the shirt on to soak it up. Ha! How gross is that?
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am probably the only one that doesn't lol....I don't because I workout right before bed...so I just workout in whatever I wore for the day...now if those clothes don't allow for a good workout (skirts, dresses, etc) then I change into something else. But basically I just workout in whatever I wore to work, and take a quick shower to rinse off, and head to bed. (I don't have to worry about a sports bra really...they aren't big enough to worry about, I just wear my usual ones I wear everyday). I want to get some workout clothes to wear...but honestly I am saving money up, and can't waste it on buying clothes right now. I will have to spend some soon on pants, but workout clothes are the least of my worries at the moment. Anyway it will be interesting to see what everyone else has to say about this subject matter. (oh and I don't wear shoes or socks when I work out - since I work out at home I don't really need too)
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I do! I get up and get my work out clothes on and work out and then shower and get ready for work! Even on the weekends I do this!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I workout both morning and afternoon at home (I am too self-conscious for the gym) and I always make sure I'm dressed appropriate for working out. As far as the sports bra goes, I always wear one, even if it is just yoga or something low impact because when I was really little in gymnastics I remember the teacher making everyone have one to prevent saggy boobs. And I have my own indoor workout shoes too to keep the traction good. And a lot of the time I usually just wear my sports bra and no shirt.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Interesting question.

When I do Insanity I wear a loose shirt for the extra sweat with a good sports bra. On my lifting days doing P90X I wear closer fitting tops. At the gym I dress up a little more as well.
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I work out in the mornings about an hour to two hours after getting up. I just wear the shorts and t-shirt i wore to bed. But I do put on my sports bra and tennis shoes. I hate working out anywhere else just for the reason of having to get dressed. I dont do the gym since i would feel like i had to shower before i left the house as well as shower when i got home from working out. too much work! LOL
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    It depends on the workout and what I am doing after. :) For low-intensity workouts (Wii Fit, walking) I don't always change clothes. I have been wearing a sports bra as a regular bra lately though! For anything that involves running in place, jumping I'll definitely put on the sports bra and probably a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. That doesn't mean pulling out the workout gear but it does mean putting on a cotton t-shirt or something like that. I guess that if I was working out at home before showering and going to work I would probably go ahead and throw on the workout gear... the sports bra isn't really optional and it is just as easy to throw on a workout shirt as the one I wore to bed the night before...
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Not wearing a sports bra so isn't an option but I wear a lot less at home cos noone can see me. I tend to work out in my sports bra/crop top and shorts which I wouldn't dream of in public!