Small little success for me!!

Options
emmyworthy
emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
Embracing this new healthy lifestyle is great and everything, but it's quite hard when you have a perfectly fit and healthy boyfriend who can eat what he want and never get fat!!!! He is soooooo supportive of me but I just could never ask him to give up yummy foods just for me! So tonight he decided to order a domino's pizza!! And it nearly killed me when I caught a whiff of it!! Plus, I knew that because he had bought a large he would be leaving a slice or two because he can never finish a whole pizza (unlike me)!!

Now he has gone to bed and I came across the pizza box in the kitchen, opened the box, and picked up a leftover slice.

Then I put it straight back in the box!!!

It may not seem like a big victory, but I feel like I've just won a battle! I looked at the slimy bits of meat on the gloopy BBQ sauce, slopped over thick, doughy, badness and thought I don't need you!!!!

Thanks to everyone on MFP who posts their inspirational stories! Without you I think I would have devoured those leftover slices and hated myself after!!!

Hopefully my willpower will be reflected in the scales on Friday=]

Replies

• DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is a huge success!!!! You are not the same person that you were before and the changes are showing! The battle is 90% mental!!

Good for you!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • emmyworthy
    Options
    The battle is 90% mental!!

So true!!!
    Well done for nearly reaching your goal!!!
    xxx
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's great! way to go!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Celebrating the small successes are so important to realizing how far you've come, and to creating lasting change. :drinker:
  • Mesmereyes
    Mesmereyes Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! There's power in will, or will in power... something like that (?) Whatever the saying is ...you got it! Keep it up :)
  • indigloworm
    Options
    Brava! You did a great job! Be so proud and the next time you have the urge for pizza (or any other delicious but otherwise bad foods) then you have the memory of how fantastic it felt to conquer your urge and lay down the slice. That's my secret, if I get the urge for a midnight yumminess, I just remember how awesome I am feeling right now and how good it feels to feel good physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually!

On another note, when and if you have planned in a splurge the thin-crust weggie pizza is pretty good calorie-wise (for a splurge).

Iron will to you, my friend!

Leah:happy:
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My husband baked some Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies the other day, and I did the same thing SEVERAL times! I picked up a cookie, and put it back down. I was SO proud of myself for not eating any!
  • Dez175
    Dez175 Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you!! It's a small step, but it shows how much you care about yourself. I batlle with myself like that about 3 or 4 times a day.....Most times I win...lol
  • JENN17501
    Options
    BIG OR SMALL BE PROUD OF EVERY SUCCESS, DOING A HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think Oprah once said-- or someone that was trying to lose weight-- "That doesn't taste as good as being thin feels". :bigsmile:
    I have to say that to myself everytime I want junk food.
  • emmyworthy
    Options
    BIG OR SMALL BE PROUD OF EVERY SUCCESS, DOING A HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU

I'm joining in on the happy dance!!! Good exercise=]
  • Helinah26
    Helinah26 Posts: 288
    Options
    great job :D
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job for resisting temptation! :)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Great job! As someone else said, each time you have a little victory of willpower, it's that much easier the next time. They build on one another until you have the willpower of an Olympic athlete.

One trick that helps me when I'm tempted is to log whatever I'm thinking about eating into my food diary before I eat it. Once I see what it'll do to my daily stats and the amount of exercise I'll need to do to undo it, it's usually just not worth it. Something about seeing the numbers right there in black and white (and red), strengthens my resolve. Good luck!
  • clothes_of_sand
    Options
    Heck yeah! It's awesome that you have changed your mindset enough that you're capable of doing this. That's definitely success, and not necessarily a small one either. Consider it a foundation for more good changes to come.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    You are a stronger person than I am. I'd sit on the couch and hear the pizza calling out to me.

CONGRATS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!