Can mio and other water enhancers sabotage weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I fully believe that Mio is actively plotting against me. I haven't actually bought any yet, but the other day at the store I "accidentally" knocked one over that was conveniently placed too close to the edge of the shelf. It happened to land in my cart. Had I not been paying attention, Mio would have infiltrated my house and sabotaged my weight loss goals!!
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I use the walmart brand of mio flavoring in my soda stream. although I have the flavor syrups that you can purchase for use with the soda stream the mio's give a nice taste change I have a difficult time drining plain water it has to have something in it there are zerro calories and yes artificial sweetners. calories is the key its not as if you are drinking excessive amounts I would just keep using them enjoy your'e water the way you like it. The rest will follow keep faith
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Are you new here or something? Water itself sabotages weight loss.
  • vdobbs28
    vdobbs28 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    No, they will not sabotage it. In fact, when I was pregnant I had gestational diabetes and had to see a nutrionist... She told me that if I couldn't stand plain water to buy some crystal light and to use it. I did and I walked for 30 mins every day for 2 months, on top of my diabetic diet and lost 20 pounds. So, short answer is that no it will not sabotage it! :) I hope that this helps you.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I think you need to have a longer time frame. you already lost 50 lbs. Give it another week and a half.

Yeah 2 and half weeks is hardly anything to worry about.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Water retention was sabotaging my weight loss. Try cutting down on sodium. And eat a banana.
  • katherynklouse
    Options
    I was told by my Internist that Sucrolose/Splenda and other are derived from sugar and now are a restriction for diabetics because it is still sugar. Regarding weight loss, we all know sugar turns to fat if not metabolized right away. So my opinion would be to stay away from ALL sweeteners, zero calorie products included.
    We also know chemicals are bad for our bodies especially dies as everyone has written. I concur with the other posts to flavor with organic ingredients like lemon.
    I know this sucks because I like MIO too. The only reason I found this thread was because my husband thought he gained 5 lbs after starting Mio and wanted me to research it. :(
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Some of these kind of drinks have high sodium which can lead to retaining water weight.
    A simple Google search reveals that Mio has 0g sodium. Every flavor of Crystal Light that I looked at had very minimal sodium (0-5g). A diet soda (such as Diet Coke, for example), has 40 mg sodium (about 1% of the DV).
  • crimsongypsy
    crimsongypsy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with pps-everything in moderation. In regards to the plateau, have you switched up your work out routine? Adding interval training has helped me in the past. Or increase the weight that you lift
  • Minou2229
    Minou2229 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thx for asking this question! I was drinking MiO for a while too. I just recently went back to it and only now wondered if the sweeteners would hinder weight loss.
    I love it and I find I can get more of my daily water intake if I have it ;)
    I have tried the Crystal Light one too, but I didn't like it (tasted 'salty', and I read the label and indeed it had sodium in it). Sodium = bad ! lol