If I eat fitnesspal calorie estimate plus lifting and cardio

Options
I weigh 329 and if i eat the fitness pal calorie requirements plus lifting 3 days a week and 60 to 30 minutes cardio a day at 3,3 3,5 how much will i lose in 6 months thats just a short goal time period to see what happens my life is changing in other ways and i need to get this weight off of me how do you lose 100 pounds quicker than one year

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Go on a Tv Show.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss is the perfect recipe for failure. You rather lose it slowly and steady and keep it off. I didn't get this big in a year, is not reasonable to think I can lose it all in no time.

Now, let's imagine you do start working out and eating healthy and you start to lose 1-2 pounds a week (which is good), in 6 months you will have lost anything between 30 to 50 pounds. To me that's an awesome achievement.
  • wildbill64
    wildbill64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This. No need to try to lose more than 1-2 per week...if more drop in the early going, that's great...but you should set your MFP goals for 1-2.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss is the perfect recipe for failure. You rather lose it slowly and steady and keep it off. I didn't get this big in a year, is not reasonable to think I can lose it all in no time.

Now, let's imagine you do start working out and eating healthy and you start to lose 1-2 pounds a week (which is good), in 6 months you will have lost anything between 30 to 50 pounds. To me that's an awesome achievement.

^^^^This. Sound advice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I weigh 329 and if i eat the fitness pal calorie requirements plus lifting 3 days a week and 60 to 30 minutes cardio a day at 3,3 3,5 how much will i lose in 6 months thats just a short goal time period to see what happens my life is changing in other ways and i need to get this weight off of me how do you lose 100 pounds quicker than one year

Quick weight loss is not healthy weight loss. The faster you lose weight, the more likely you are losing muscle mass + fat..... not just fat. Obese people have some protection against muscle loss (no personal experience) ...... so you may be able to lose weight quickly for a time .... but then you need to step down your goals in order to maintain healthy muscle tissue.

Pounds per week
    75+ lbs to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs range

This is interesting reading:

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

Keep in mind MFP gives you ZERO credit for exercise until you log it. You are expected to eat those calories back .... and they are inflated for most people. So start by eating back a portion ...if you are fitigued .... you are not eating enough.
  • aetzkorn14
    aetzkorn14 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is no way for anyone on here to gauge how much you will loose even if they saw you work out. There's a reason why everyone says loose 1-2lbs a week, so I recommend you focus on your goal but be realistic. You didn't gain 100lbs overnight so don't expect it to disappear and over training or under eating will do you zero good in the end. Weight loss sucks, it has taken me forever to loose 45lbs but the fact is it is gone and in 10 months I have yet to gain anything back because I am doing it the right way. Stay positive and savor the moments when you realize you are stronger and healthier than you was before it will keep you going.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Go on a Tv Show.

:laugh:

Losing weight is a long process. Give it time. Your body will thank you for it.
  • I went from almost 280 to 180 in less than 4 months.
    It can be done,and i haven't gone past 200 pounds since losing .
    I wouldn't recommend going fast though. At your weight 100 pounds
    In 7-8 months sounds reasonable if you count calories.
    Exercising helped me alot but its not necessary.
    The hardest part of anything in life is patience but if you're going to be successful
    Then you need it. Go slow and and be consistent.
    Good luck.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I agree, you should lose gradually. Gradually is considered to be about 1% of body weight per week. That will be more than what some people recommend for you at first, but that is OK. Don't expect it to go that fast number wise when you get smaller, think percentages.
  • floppyghost
    Options
    Absent special circumstances, magic or questionable diets, no. 4 months is 120 days. If you lost 100 lbs in 120 days, you lost almost a pound a day, or in other words you where short something like 3000 kcal/day.

Which isn't normally possible, for the simple reason that most people burn less than that a day, so even if they ate zero they wouldn't. And of course, eating zero for 4 months isn't precicely, you know, survivable.

Yes, it has happened, in this sense it's possible. But 99% of the time, for 99% of the people, it just isn't.
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also, there is more to it than just eating the alloted amount of calories that MFP is saying to consume. If you are aloud 1500 a day and you eat those up with crappy foods...then you may lose weight but still feel like crap and be unhealthy. What foods you get your calories from is more important that getting those calories. I reccommend a lot of fresh veggies. They may be low in calories so you can eat a lot through out the day and still feel full. I have dropped 36 lbs in 50ish days and I feel great, performance is still high and I dont feel hungry and I eat all day long...at minimum...every hour to hour and a half I am eating something...fruit/veggies/lean protiens...