Coping with missing toenail....

Options
Ladies, I feel as if I've lost an limb! LOL! Do you still rock your sandals? Do you paint over with nail polish? Do you rock a cool band-aid over it? HELP!

Replies

• chantelrenae
    chantelrenae Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had a toenail fall off this summer too. Weird thing is that there was a real thin layer of nail underneath so I painted it. From far away nobody can tell.
  • sarahevenstar
    sarahevenstar Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I pretty much always have a missing toenail. They just don't like distance running! I paint over the spot and call it good.
  • msjackie30
    msjackie30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    omg weird I read this today. Last night I stubbed my toe and cracked it! It does not hurt that much but it definetly looks like it may fall off. Will it grow back? This has never happened to me idk if it means it was weak to begin with or what..just weird oh well.
  • karenh3585
    karenh3585 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My sister had an injury to her big toe right before her wedding day and lost the nail. She just painted the skin. Problem solved.
  • Arnegard
    Arnegard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    omg weird I read this today. Last night I stubbed my toe and cracked it! It does not hurt that much but it definetly looks like it may fall off. Will it grow back? This has never happened to me idk if it means it was weak to begin with or what..just weird oh well.
    Yes it grows back. Also a distance runner, so I usually am down 2-3 after a big race.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I lost one after an event and I just painted the skin. It was winter so I wasn't too concerned with it - didn't look bad though.
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    @MsJackie30, yes that is exactly how my toe nail fell off. I stubbed it and it cracked, it got a fungus, I treated it and stubbed it again and cracked off! UGH!! It did not hurt! LOL!
  • Caramalhoney
    Options
    Okay I will paint the skin and keep it moving! Thank you all for your input! LOL! #RockOn