Do you work out at consistent times?

Options
When you work out, is it at a consistent time? Or does your workout time vary depending on the day?

I ask because I've been trying to work out at around 7:30 AM every Mon/Wed/Fri but I always stay up late into the night and hate losing sleep. I also feel like losing sleep and being tired/lethargic in the morning makes me not put 100% into the workout and makes me not enjoy it as much. So lately, I set my alarm for 7:30 and if I'm in the mood I work out in the morning, otherwise I will wait until after I get home from work to work out.

Does anyone else do this? Just curious if anyone else has a fluctuating workout schedule and how it effects you.

Replies

• arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I work out at 0430 Monday thru Friday, and usually later in the mornings on weekends. My whole day feels thrown off if I have to push it to later in the morning during the week.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    Nope. I workout whenever I feel like it. I never stick to time schedules, which would obviously ruin my chances of keeping up with working out.
    I typically workout in the evening though, just cause I have more energy then.
  • mhill0225
    mhill0225 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep a fairly consistent schedule...extremely busy home, work, kids, etc so I feel it necessary to carve the time. I do a workout in the morning (usually a start between 6:30-7). Somedays I don't have the energy so I get up and have a glass of water, log into MFP, just kinda wake-up a bit and then always press play!! At the end of my workout, I have tons of energy and end up doing some light chores before leaving the house...I also do a second workout at 5-5:30 when I get home and before I have to make dinner for the family...if my AM workout was lame, I kick it up a notch for the pre-dinner one. when bed time rolls around, I am ready for it!

Good luck to you and remember even if you only put in a 50% effort it;'s better than a 0% effort!:bigsmile:
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    I get up every morning at 5:00-5:30 and Zumba Monday through Friday. It seems to get easier as you do it daily, your body just knows what to do and pretty soon you are fine and don't want that extra sleep. For me it became worth it and made me successful in losing weight and toning.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am more of an evening exerciser, so most week days I exercise in the evening. On the weekends, it can be any time. I just don't do well trying to hop out of bed and start moving fast!
  • fastfittoned
    Options
    I work out at consistent times. This is my schedule: 4:00pm 45 mins/power walk, 5:00pm 30 mins/strength training/lifting, 6:00pm dinner, 7:00pm 40 mins/pilates. On weekends, I just make sure to get 10,000+ steps. I personally find that I only stick to exercising when set times are involved. Day to day just doesn't work for me. Hope that helped!:smile:
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I *try* to get to the gym at 6AM. It doesn't happen consistently so I go whenever I can fit it into my day.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    yes.