Post your home made pizza recipe.

Options
JcMey3r
JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
Im very good to my diet and exercise but I feel like a pizza and havent had one in ages.

Making one at home although unhealthy would still be better nutrition wise than one bought.

post them here. Post pics and links if you can/want to

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You can have the best of both worlds. Great tasting Pizza and be low calorie.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/823248-zucchini-pizza-crust?hl=zucchini+pizza+crust&page=1#posts-12357871
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You can have the best of both worlds. Great tasting Pizza and be low calorie.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/823248-zucchini-pizza-crust?hl=zucchini+pizza+crust&page=1#posts-12357871

WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

In other news, there's a load of adventurous looking protein pizza recipes here:

http://www.proteinpow.com/search/label/Protein PIZZA
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I found this online. Its not super healthy or even super low calorie, but you can control the toppings and sauce so it saves you some. I've tried all the "pretend" pizzas and they don't cut it for me. Especially the cauliflower pizza, I didn't like this at all! It tasted like cauliflower (which I like but not as pizza) and it fell apart, I had to eat it with a fork. I tried it more than once because so many people LOVED it....I'd rather eat salad all day and get real pizza .... lol

I do like eggplant pizzas or portobello pizzas. They don't taste like "pizza" but they are yummy.

I made this homemade calzone with this dough recipe that I found online, this is copied word for word from their blog. I would put the link but I don't know where it is. (530 calories, 40 grams of protein, 75 carbs)...it was BBQ chicken and very big...you could of course mess with the amount of toppings / cheese you use and cut quite a bit of calories, and I think the dough alone was 250 calories. But nothing beats the crust consistency of real pizza!
    774149_585248924825034_1650269502_o_zps2801f14d.jpg

1/2 – 3/4 c. warm water
    1 T. dry active yeast
    1 t. sugar (for the yeast)
    2 c. flour (I use half whole wheat and half white, but most kids would balk at that the first time)
    1 T. vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
    1/2 t. salt

(also, I double and sometimes triple this for my family of six–without needing to increase the amount of yeast–and frankly, I don’t measure any of the ingredients precisely anymore. I just toss in what looks to be about right and it turns out find almost every time. But you might not want to try that the first time.)

1. Combine 1/4 c. water with yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve the yeast, set aside until bubbly about 5 minutes.

2. Mix flour and salt, then add the oil.

3. Stir the yeast mixture into the flour mixture, adding water until it forms a ball you can work with. I start with a wooden spoon and then switch to using my fingers to squish and mix. Knead for a few minutes (I just knead it in the bowl until it seems to be the consistency of, well, pizza dough). The original instructions said to cover with plastic wrap or another bowl and let stand for 10 minutes, but I go ahead and spread it into the pan(s) and let it do it’s mini-rise there.

4. While messing around with the toppings–chopping things up, calling the kids to help spread the sauce, and pulling out the cheese–the dough rises enough. I don’t preheat the oven. Instead, I stick the pizza(s) in the oven with it cold, and let the crusts rise a little more as the oven heats up.

5. Put all the toppings on and bake at 350 or 375 or 425˚ (I have a new oven, so I’m experimenting) 10 or 15 minutes (or until done–I lift with a spatula to see if it’s brown on the bottom as well as watch the cheese).

Voila. Thick and chewy, fast and easy. And cheap.

Mushroom Pizzas -

img21392.jpg

Calories: 85 Carbs: 7 Fiber: 2 Fat: 5 Sugar: 4 Protein: 6 Sodium: 151
    Makes 2 servings (its 85 cals per serving)

Ingredients
    4 Tbsp - No Salt Added Tomato Sauce
    4 tsp (10g) - Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    4 Tbsp - Shredded Cheese (I used walmarts Fiesta Blend)
    2 Portobello mushroom Caps

Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
    2) Cut out mushroom stem and ribs with spoon. Don't throw away, save to the side.
    3) Bake for 10 minutes, remove and drain juice. ( draining the juice and even blotting with a paper towel helps them from being watery)
    4) Chop up stems & ribs. Put 2 Tbsp of sauce in each mushroom, then top with stems/ribs, 2 tbsp shredded cheese, and tsp Parmesan cheese.
    5) Bake in oven additional 15 minutes.

* Let sit for a minute then eat.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When I was doing low carb I made a pizza base using eggs and cheese and then putting toppings on. That was delish but other than being low carb I dont think it was to healthy to say the least
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Pizza can be quite healthy and low calorie, just depends on what you put on it and how much of it you eat. I make my dough Neopolitan style and use whole milk smoked mozzarella, prosciutto, chopped chicken, veggies.

My favorite crust (for when I'm trying to control carbs and want an easy pizza without making the dough) is a Mission Carb Balance tortilla. Makes a sturdy thin crust and bakes up in the toaster oven in minutes!
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1 wholemeal pitta - cut in half along the thin side. Use 1 half.

Top with sliced tomatos - you can grill them once sliced, I do, with lots of cracked black pepper and a little salt.

Then top with your fav toppings: mushrooms, spinach, peppers, chicken, ground lean turkey/beef, turkey bacon, chillis, sweetcorn ... think anything fresh and not processed :smile:

Then top with low fat cheese: I've found that mozarella with a little mature chedder gives it the most authentic cheezy pizza taste

Pop that under the grill until the cheese has melted and the veggies are soft. Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • bananahb33
    bananahb33 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • This is the recipe I've been using for my pizza's. Instructions above!

BREADMAKER PIZZA DOUGH

1 1/3 cup Water
    3 tsp Yeast
    - Allow yeast to dissolve in warm water for 5 minutes
    4 cups Flour
    2 Tbsp Olive Oil
    2 Tbsp Butter
    2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
    2 Tbsp Salt
    I throw the above ingredients into the bread maker and allow it to run on the dough cycle for 1 hr 30 minutes. Once finished I sift flour onto a surface and begin pounding the dough and rolling it out with a rolling pin and spiked meat mallet (mine's shaped like a monkey)! I fit the rolled dough into a 16inch pan and tap the spiked mallet over it one last time to prevent it from getting to many bubbles when baking. I cover and allow to rise for at least 15 minutes, top with sauce and Saputo Mozzasnak cheese (at least 360grams) than bake for approx. 15minutes @ 450F. This yields a dough that's not overly crisp and nice stretchy cheese!

http://sweeneykitkat.deviantart.com/art/Pizza-Carnival-303843447
  • mrszinnz
    Options
    I use Flat Out Light wraps to make a low carb pizza.

1 Flat Out Light wrap
    1 can Muir Glen Organic Pizza sauce (or any pizza sauce)
    1/3 c. low fat part-skim mozzarella cheese
    Your optional toppings

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place Flat Out wrap on pizza pan. When oven is fully heated, put Flat Out wrap in the oven without toppings if you want a crispier crust. I usually leave it in a few minutes.

Next, spread 1-2 tablespoons of sauce on crust. Add cheese and toppings. Bake until cheese begins to bubble and lightly brown or edges of crust brown.

The calorie estimate will vary based on your toppings but when I make it with just cheese it is about 190-210 calories for the whole Flat Out.
  • maduro1
    Options
    P28 flatbreads are great for healthy pizzas. Place on a baking sheet, spray with olive oil cooking spray, bake at 350 for 7 minutes, add sauce/toppings and bake at 350 for another 10-12 minutes.

I make them with tomato paste, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and 2% cheese.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Baguette pizza.

Ingredients:

-Baguette
    -bruschetta (I use trader joe's or fresh &easy)
    -mozzarella
    -toppings

Slice open baguette, spread bruschetta, sprinkle cheese, add desired toppings

Bake @400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
    You can also broil for a few minutes on low if you need to save time!

:flowerforyou:
  • brendamueller37
    brendamueller37 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I made this tonight - I'm on a low carb way of eating and this was very good:smile:

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
    4 eggs
    1/3 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
    1 tbs chives
    1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
    2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
    1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
    1 cup mozzarella cheese
    Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
    Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth (I use a blender).
    Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices.
    Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.
    Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.
    Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
    Remove from oven.
    Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.
    Cover with mozzarella cheese.
    Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your 'za!)
    Let stand for 5 minutes or so.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/easy-pizza-crust-daphne-oz

The pizza crust sounds cool. Havent made it yet.