What Multi-Vitimin Do You Use?

Options
I currently use Vitaplen. http://www.amazon.com/Vitaplen-Complete-fl-Day-Supply/dp/B0026W6M6Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1379507367&sr=1-1&keywords=vitaplen

It is a liquid multi-vitamin. I like the results, and I love that it's liquid because I feel that it gets absorbed into my body. I have heard that those multis that you buy at the grocery store, such as Centurum, don't really absorb well.

However, Vitaplen upsets my stomach a little. It's not horrible, but it's too much. And, I always take it after I eat. So, something is going on there.

My question is, what do you recommend for a great multi-vitamin? I'd love something In liquid form, but it doesn't have to be.

The other thing I like about this one is it doesn't turn my pee a neon color. That always freaks me out, and as my doctor says, most vitamins are just expensive pee.

Thanks.

Replies

• helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't use vitamin tablets as I get them from food.
    I do take Cod liver Oil and Primrose Oil capsules
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I take Women's One-A-Day. Took the prenatals of that brand when I was pregnant too. :)
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The best one I've ever found (and it's also the only multivitamin listed in the Physician's Desk Reference) is a liquid multi called "Vitaplen" that you can get online at a site called Cactus Canyon. I like that it's liquid, tablets and capsules can tend to bind me up. I can tell it does something because my fingernails seem to be stronger and grow faster when I'm taking it regularly.

Weird that it upsets your stomach.. I don't seem to have any issue with it at all. The neon pee is from the B-complex in there.. totally normal when you're getting enough of the B vitamins.
  • helenrosemay
    helenrosemay Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I don't use vitamin tablets as I get them from food.
    I do take Cod liver Oil and Primrose Oil capsules

You eat all the proper foods to get all the trace minerals? That's amazing. I have read that it's near impossible, and that you have to eat a large very wide variety of foods, many of which are not all readily available. I could be wrong about that. The multi-vitamin helps with that nicely.

I probably don't get everything, but I get a lot more than I used to before I started eating healthy. Plus my doctor says I'm not anaemic or lacking in any vitamins, so I obviously don't need to be taking a load of tablets that I'll just "pee out"
  • DCruz83
    Options
    I've gone with Centrum for what seems like forever now. The neon pee is indeed normal if you take too much B vitamin but it has hardly ever happened to me, maybe twice in who knows how many years. It works for me but I can see how it's not for everyone. I don't find it all that expensive and figure it might help as I'm not the healthiest eater there is, even if I changed some of my habits.