Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred effective?

Options
Just wondering is the "Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred" effective?
If not would you suggest a better workout program please,
I need something effective and helps me in weight loss

Replies

• alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I started my fitness journey with the 30 day shred. It was an awesome video to start with...and it made me love Jillian Michaels!
    After I finished 30DS, I started Jillian Michaels body revolution. I am currently on my second round of that, and it works! I swear by Jillian...everything she does! I have lost over 70 pounds in 9 months by eating healthy, running, and doing Jillian :)
  • lailamtg
    lailamtg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds amazing, I'll stick to it and when im bored I'll try something else :)
    Thanks
  • ksolo1
    ksolo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Did you sign up for her online program? It is only 4 dollars a week but am wondering what the difference is from this free site. Thanks
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great place to start. I purchased it a few years ago, in the beginning I did have to modify many of the exercises but as I continued the program my fitness level did improve. It is an effective workout and along with eating right you should have nice results.

Hey, it will not hurt to try for $10 and 30 days.

Good luck.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Effective for what? It's a good general workout, not a huge calorie burner or strength builder but a great starter workout and better than sitting on the couch. You aren't going to lose weight with it without a good diet.
  • KhalilahSS
    KhalilahSS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is day 3 of me doing JM Banish Fat metabolism Boost: Complete Wkt on Youtube (55 min) and its awesome, I was sore of course the first 2 days but its awesome!! For a killer wkt at home for FREE- do JM,30 day shred is also on youtube...good luck :happy:
  • elm7f
    elm7f Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to find the whole 30 day shred on YouTube. All I can find is the first level. Have I lost my mind or is there really just level one on there?
  • teddyjazzy
    teddyjazzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There are 3 levels to the 30 day Shred. Youtube has been removing all non-authorized JM vidoes due to copy infringement.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    They've made it so you have to rent level 2 on youtube. the gits did it when i was 5 days into level 2 and I'm far to cheap to pay for it lol there was a guy who had put the whole 3levels up as one vid, it was dubbed in spanish. I had given it up by the time I discovered it :D
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose a whole lot of weight while doing that workout but I did gain a whole lot of muscle during it and strength also. So if you are looking for toning up I think its a good one but as far as actual weight loss I didn't lose a whole ton of lbs while doing that one. I think Jari Love workouts are really good if you want one that is challenging any of hers are good. Kettlebells are really good too.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS, and I can't say it was any miracle workout, but it was really good, and much cheaper than some of the other programs out there. Just $6 on Amazon for instant streaming. I still did my other workouts (elliptical, treadmill, bike) but felt this was a good way to try something new and push me in a different way.
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I did it 2 yrs ago and lost 6 pounds - eating with in my goals here. I also lost inches I know I went down a dress size for sure. AND my husband noticed that my body was getting leaner. It's not a huge calorie burner though. You WILL feel it though, so it's doing something! Ha! I'm doing it again now. I'm on Level 1 Day 8.
  • digbybebe
    digbybebe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it...I like jillian.like others I don't think I'll lose much but after two weeks I am so much stronger. I can do all level three. When I started I struggled...that was level1 two weeks ago. I feel stronger. Sometimes you can gain weight and still lose inches....that's what seems to be happening to me anyway. Good luck x
  • girlwiththemost
    Options
    I enjoyed the 30DS and found it really helpful and structured. Jillian Micheals herself says to opt for one of her more updated workout DVDs though for the most effective workouts.

I do recommend mixing it up, as it does become pretty boring after awhile.

Also, the Jillian Michaels website is not worth the money. I cancelled immediately.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Effective for what? It's a good general workout, not a huge calorie burner or strength builder but a great starter workout and better than sitting on the couch. You aren't going to lose weight with it without a good diet.

I disagree with this..

I have done two rounds of 30DS first time I lost 9 inches and 3lbs ( I was at a deficet). At the end I could do all my pushups non modified ect round 3 walking ones

2nd round I lost another 4 inches 5.25 lbs and by the end it was all non modified. There is more definition in my shoulders, my abs and legs.

I convinced my sister who is the cardio queen (swimming and elipitical 45mins 6x a week) to try it and she is doing it still and loves the muscle tone she is getting and strenght, she has more shoulder definition as well. She is losing inches as well...
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I disagree with this..

I have done two rounds of 30DS first time I lost 9 inches and 3lbs ( I was at a deficet). At the end I could do all my pushups non modified ect round 3 walking ones

2nd round I lost another 4 inches 5.25 lbs and by the end it was all non modified. There is more definition in my shoulders, my abs and legs.

I convinced my sister who is the cardio queen (swimming and elipitical 45mins 6x a week) to try it and she is doing it still and loves the muscle tone she is getting and strenght, she has more shoulder definition as well. She is losing inches as well...
    [/quote]

I agree!!! I am soooo much stronger and leaner!
  • saraedens
    Options
    Great program! I'm on week 3 and really enjoy it! Next I'm going to move on to her Ripped in 30! Good luck!!
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the 30DS and found it really helpful and structured. Jillian Micheals herself says to opt for one of her more updated workout DVDs though for the most effective workouts.

I do recommend mixing it up, as it does become pretty boring after awhile.

Also, the Jillian Michaels website is not worth the money. I cancelled immediately.

I also cancelled the next day. Going to order one of her workouts, though!