Fit(ter!) by 40?

Options
Hi all. I've been using MFP for a few months in an attempt to get myself into shape before I hit 40. I've lost around 20 pounds so far, and am trying to keep it off while upping the calories to help with my running (just started and loving it - first half marathon coming up in a few weeks - eek!)
Finding it scary to up the calories and keep my eyes off the scale (I still have weight to lose, but I want to get the running sorted first). I'm looking for someone to swap encouragement, recipes, workout tips - anything to help keep me on the straight and narrow!

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Well I am glad to have accepted your FR. Welcome to my rather eclectic friends list. Pay attention to them, you'll learn a lot from them. I think I have the most diverse and amazing group of friends on MFP. Covering 5 continents, and a dozen or more countries. Male/female, young/old, gay/straight, losing weight/bulking, various religions and nationalities. You name it, I think they are represented. If you would like some kibitzing, open your food diaries for any suggestions. Of course, my diary is open to all to peruse.

Of course, at 40, you are but a whippersnapper. But you'll get there. Just hang in there. And welcome aboard.
  • Garfy117
    Garfy117 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks - sure is a wealth of experience there...looking forward to seeing what I can put into practice!