beet juice for breakfast weight loss, 25 pounds in 2 months

Options

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    so i have a friend who lost about 25 pounds in two months just by simply replacing his breakfast meal with a juice made of beet, carrot, apple, strawberries, blueberries, spinach/kale, and pineapple. Sometimes he'd miss a few of the ingredients but he said the main thing he always had in the juice was the beet. He used a nutribullet to pulverize all the veg and fruit. This allowed him to get all of the fiber and nutrients out of the veg/fruit instead of using a juicer which would strip the fiber away from the drink. Now, he is also very active, he's a tennis pro and plays everyday. I play tennis everyday as well and am pretty active. I was wondering what you guys would think of this story and if you think it would work for me. I cant help but be skeptic about it. He ate normally, no sort of extreme diet and its not like he ate cake and candy bars the whole time either. He just switched his breakfast out for the beet juice. What do you guys think?

Its very plausible, in my humble opinion.
    If you haven't already seen it - I recommend the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" - its the story of an Australian guy who turned his life around by going on a raw fruit and veg juice program. It worked so well for him he made a documentary about it and includes footage of himself and others who he inspired to go on the juice diet.
    http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
    kind regards,

Ben
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    well everyone, considering i know the man, it did happen, he did lose 25 pounds and he swears it was the beet juice, no matter how much all of you complain about magic unicorns and tigers, it did happen, sorry if that ruins your day

Honestly, posts like this is why I keep reading this forum.
  • ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    im just too funny
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    More vegetables is always a good thing. Nothing magical about beets though, except for how beet juice turns your urine pink if you drink enough of it. That's pretty cool.

Haha I am going to try this experiment with the pink urine! I tried to get on board with beet juice, but the only problem is that I hate beets! Lol. I do drink 2 nutri bullet fruit/vegetable juices on most days though. I don't know if it makes you lose weight on it's own, but it is a quick, easy way to get many servings of fruits and vegetables.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    so i have a friend who lost about 25 pounds in two months just by simply replacing his breakfast meal with a juice made of beet, carrot, apple, strawberries, blueberries, spinach/kale, and pineapple. Sometimes he'd miss a few of the ingredients but he said the main thing he always had in the juice was the beet. He used a nutribullet to pulverize all the veg and fruit. This allowed him to get all of the fiber and nutrients out of the veg/fruit instead of using a juicer which would strip the fiber away from the drink. Now, he is also very active, he's a tennis pro and plays everyday. I play tennis everyday as well and am pretty active. I was wondering what you guys would think of this story and if you think it would work for me. I cant help but be skeptic about it. He ate normally, no sort of extreme diet and its not like he ate cake and candy bars the whole time either. He just switched his breakfast out for the beet juice. What do you guys think?

Its very plausible, in my humble opinion.
    If you haven't already seen it - I recommend the documentary "Fat, sick and nearly dead" - its the story of an Australian guy who turned his life around by going on a raw fruit and veg juice program. It worked so well for him he made a documentary about it and includes footage of himself and others who he inspired to go on the juice diet.
    http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
    kind regards,

Ben

i have a better one...

http://www.sillygullibleandeasilyfooled.com

it's about people who believe propaganda because they have no critical thinking skills, no scientific knowledge, and/or a predisposition to believe such propaganda because it confirms biases they already hold.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Beets taste like dirt. :flowerforyou:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    sorry guys, i guess youre all the experts, i cant believe i ever doubted your opinions

It is ok, no one is perfect. I got an A- once.
    Me too. Oh my god, isn't it awful?! Mine was in classical dynamics; what was yours in?

Oh, I know, beet juicing 101?!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    But in the good way. Like cauliflower.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options

Didn't you know? Cauliflower tastes just like pizza crust and french fries.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

No. In a bad way. Like dirt.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I replaced breakfast and lunch with water. and only consumed 500 calories for dinner. I lost weight at a faster rate than he did.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I replaced breakfast and lunch with water. and only consumed 500 calories for dinner. I lost weight at a faster rate than he did.
    No, that was all water weight!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mewqptNhar1rdmaieo1_500.gif
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    More vegetables is always a good thing. Nothing magical about beets though, except for how beet juice turns your urine pink if you drink enough of it. That's pretty cool.

I don't like beets.... But that could be a reason to eat them!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Funny how it always seems to be "a friend" or acquaintance that lost major weight with minor changes, and the only time it's the actual poster's claim is when they're trying to sell us something. OP, maybe you can be the exception! Try it and report back in two months when you've lost 25 lbs, and we'll all be believers.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Beet juice is nastay. But beets make yummy chips.
  • ktm96
    ktm96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    thanks for helping out man :) great cite
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Beets are a natural diuretic and have been shown to lower blood pressure in people with hypertension. I'm all for juicing, or rather making smoothies which it sounds like your friend is doing. Anything that gets people eating more vegetables is great.
    The only problem with juicing or making veggie smoothies is it is expensive, time consuming and usually not sustainable

So OP are you going to try this and report back to us?
  • meganoman1
    Options
    I have been juicing in the morning replacing breakfast with it. I also stopped eating flour products and sugar(other then what is naturally in fruit). the idea behind juicing is you get a large about of nutrients that you normal wouldnt get, I mean who is going to sit down and eat 3 apples in one sitting or eat or eat that long list of items that your friend juices. I have lost 18 pounds in about 3 1/2 weeks(since the 1st).Also I did stop drinking anything but water, other the milk every once in a while.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    bears eat beets

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.