Haven't hit daily calorie goal but I'm stuffed!

Hey guys, I got a good workout in today that burned 350 calories and now I'm just over 600 calories away from the daily 1,200. I just finished dinner and I've been satisfied all day. I've eaten tons of raw fruits and veggies, 4 oz. of chicken, low-fat cheese, and whole grains with all 3 meals as well as light snacks (fruit and nuts, and a granola bar). If I'm satisfied should I still try to cram in a couple of extra calories before bed tonight or should I just be fine with the fact that I ate healthy foods that filled me up that happened to be super low in calories and high in nutrition?

I did consume 9 cups of water today... I'm sure that has something to do with why I've felt satisfied all day but I really don't want to consume 600 more calories when I'm not feeling hungry. Seems to me that would be reverting to an old behavior of night-time TV and binging on snacks.

Please, I need input ASAP!
Thanks guys!

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    It's one day, don't worry about it.

But make sure it doesn't become a habit. If you find yourself coming up short, start eating more calorie dense foods. Same quantity of foods, but more calories to ensure that you're feeding yourself properly.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    It's normal for people just starting on eating plans to experience this mental and dietary change. I'm not hungry, huzzah! Hard core!

Won't kill you to miss a day low. But you should try to eat to target and stick to the plan. Especially when you're being aggressive with a low target.
  • It's fine if this is a one day occurrence but don't make it a regular thing. That would be terrible for your metabolism and health. Like another user said, if you find that you keep ending up under your calorie goal, eat high calorie foods. There's lots i.e avocados, nuts, beans, lentils, dried fruit, cheese, and meat. If you're a salad girl, add things to your salads that will up your calories like croutons, cheese, eggs, olive oil and/or high calorie dressing, chicken breast, turkey, brown rice, quinoa, couscous, avocado, cranberries, and dates.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    I for one have no problem reaching(actually go over :() my calorie goal every single day. But if it actually is a regular thing, i would suggest to get in the appropriate amount of calories in, you will thank yourself in the future.
    As long as you don't plan to eat so low your entire life, i would say try to reach your calorie goal. If its just today, then its OK to not eat if you are not feeling like it!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    You're not hungry. Don't eat. It's okay to have a lower- or higher-calorie day once in a while.
  • I think it's important to listen to your body. No reason to eat if you aren't hungry. If I am hungry and at or close to my calorie goal I eat something nutritious and don't worry about it.