Traveling

Options
So, going out of town this weekend and my husband and I don't want to eat out ALL the time. First we don't have the money for it and well, restaurant foods are typically higher calories than I want to consume. Any ideas on how we can limit the restaurant eating while living in a hotel with 2 kids? Thanks.

Replies

• elsa11170
    elsa11170 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy some whole wheat bread and make healthy sandwiches? Peanut butter and banana, Tuna, chicken. Triscuit whole wheat crackers are great to snack on. Buy some lettuce and veges, mix it all up for a healthy salad and then maybe add a can of tuna or chicken. Good luck! :)
  • ChrissyM
    Options
    We usually try to get a hotel room that has a mini fridge and/or microwave and then we head to the local grocery store to stock up on fruit, yogurt, things to make sandwiches, milk and cereal for breakfast, peanuts for snack, stuff like that. It is diffinetly easier on the calories and the wallet than eating out the whole time.
  • christina1109
    Options
    I do plan on packing a cooler of stuff to take with us. The wedding on Saturday that we're going to is going to be tough as we don't know what is going to be served.
  • kpressley392
    kpressley392 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All good ideas! I am learning to order off the kids menu when forced to eat out - this has helped me so far.
  • christina1109
    Options
    So, the hotel room has a mini refrigerator but no microwave. :(