Anyone with a Fitbit and Fitbit Aria & a computer nerd? :)

Options
I just picked up my fitbit aria and trying to sync it to my macbook pro. I am staying in a hotel and when connecting to wifi here, it always asks me to put in a password. My internet works fine and I am connected to wifi, however, when setting up my computer to aria, it tells me, ooops, cannot connect due to password... but it won't give me a window or screen where I can put the hotel wifi password in... Anyone know how to bypass this ?

Replies

• jfurrrr
    jfurrrr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You have to put in the password to the wifi network because thats what your fitbit and aria sync over. I know I set up my aria on my iphone but I am pretty sure it still made me put in my wifi password.
  • RobWilkens
    RobWilkens Posts: 8
    Options
    I just picked up my fitbit aria and trying to sync it to my macbook pro. I am staying in a hotel and when connecting to wifi here, it always asks me to put in a password. My internet works fine and I am connected to wifi, however, when setting up my computer to aria, it tells me, ooops, cannot connect due to password... but it won't give me a window or screen where I can put the hotel wifi password in... Anyone know how to bypass this ?

Thing to know - the aria does *not* sync to your mac book pro (i have both devices). The aria connects directly to the wifi network and from there to the fitbit website, which your macbook just accesses remotely... So configuring your macbook does not configure your aria...

But i recently took my aria on vacation with me, and it didn't log in at all, but when i got home, it apparently stored all the weights i took on the trip and back-logged them in when it was back on the network.
  • angiinkc
    angiinkc Posts: 24
    Options
    Whoops misread
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think if you have an iPhone or another smartphone that tethers, tethering it to your phones Internet connection while you're traveling is the best way to go. It's easy, quick and even if you worry about data caps, syncing weight data isn't a hit to your cap
  • crobert
    crobert Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the info. I'm going to try calling the hotel's wifi provider and see if there is anything they can do on their end because I travel a ton for weeks/months at a time and my plan is to take aria with me so I really hope there is some way for me to get it to sync with hotel wifi.... Thanks again !
  • bobbie1965
    bobbie1965 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just received my aria scale today..and tring to get it connected to my home computer...I do have wi fi...but it tell me it cant connect because I don't?? HELP please

Bobbie!