Another newb, another dream

Options
Hello all. I'm a 33-year-old writer and artist from Washington. I'm happily married and followed my husband up here from Kansas. I'm an animal lover and horseback rider, and I'm ready to stop feeling like a beluga (I love them, but hey - I don't want their physique).

So is anyone else feeling a bit overwhelmed and intimidated? I haven't even started and I'm already feeling defeated. What's up with that?? Maybe I just need some buddies and encouragement, or maybe it's the fact that I feel like I've tried (and failed) so many times. I really want to get healthy, but I feel like I'm lacking something inside to see it through!

Replies

• SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    No need to be overwhelmed! MFP is a great tool that makes it easy! I sent you a friend request. Good luck!!
  • annamorrison90
    annamorrison90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same misconception about weight loss- I thought it just wasn't possible for me and then I looked at myself as objectively as I could and figured out that there was a flaw in the methods I'd tried before- consistency. It's about making healthy decisions and exercising every day. I found out that for my energy level and hormones to be in balance I have to move more than most people. I've lost 12 pounds in a month and I can assure you that MFP is the way to go. I have also tried and failed so many times that this time I plan on total domination in fitness.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    mfp, this place works if you work it. ive been obese seems like my whole life, well since my teens. then one day it clicked , I am worth taking care of myself. came here that day, july 22nd, and so far so good. log everything. portion control, and I walk for exercise. at this point pretty much all I do, I have a torn atfl in my ankle so .... but no excuses. the secret to weight loss is simple. SELF LOVE - you can do this, one day at a time.
  • NikkiikkiN
    Options
    Hello! Nikki here :).This isn't my first go around at this, but I more motivated this time around. Last time I lost about 15 pounds. Now, my goal is 36 after I gained it all back and some. Eating healthy and workouts will get this body in shape. I'm 25 now and 156 lbs today. My goal is 125. So, any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!!!