Question about Insanity

Options
My husband has done it before (waaay back in the day), and he's trying to talk me into it. I know it's hardcore, but I also know it works. My question is, HOW hardcore is it? Is it "I'm never gonna stick to it" hardcore? I'm only 5'2" and very overweight at 207, and my knees aren't the best. Would Insanity destroy me (in a bad way)? Or should I suck it up and give it a try?

I guess I always figured you have to be at least *somewhat* fit to even start something like Insanity or P90x. Can really hefty girls do it, too?

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I thought I was in pretty good shape, classified as "good" fitness according to several different tests, and it kicks my *kitten* every time. I mean, you don't have to go as fast as they do, and you can take breaks if you need them, but honestly I recommend you try to do the warm-up for one of the videos. If you can't get all the way through at least one or two rounds of the warm-up, I don't think you're ready. Also, with crappy knees, Insanity isn't wise. It's a LOT of jumping, squats, and kicking, which is definitely not a good idea with bad knees and extra weight to carry.

I say keep it on your to-do list for later, when you're in a bit better shape, or try starting with T-25. It's the same trainer and style, but the workouts are only 25 minutes long instead of 40+.
  • linhay33
    linhay33 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a bit bigger than you, 5'3" and 241lbs and I did something very similar to insantiy at the gym, I did it the best I could. Its hard and obvisouly I wasn't perfect at everything but I kept up pace. I also have dodgy knees and sometimes had to modify some things but wow did it burn calories and start to shape me up and give me little muscles!!!

ps I have sent you a friends request