Homemade protein bars 2!

Options
So i just made this new batch and couldnt wait to cool down to tase so i ate it warm!
4 cups dry oats
1 and half cup skim milk
6 scoops whey vanilla protein powder
8 tablespoon natural peanut butter
1 cup chocolate and peanut butter kisses

Mix together in large bowl by hand adding milk as you mix and heat p.b for 15 in micro to make it easier to spread. Spread into 8"x8" pan spray down with cooking spray or light coat of e.v.o.o. Cut into 16 bars before throwing in oven at 200* for 1 hour! The chocolate and p.b kisses are optional and the calorie content will go down by alot if you dont have or want just do some math and figure that part out. A good substitution i would say is to add some cinnamon. Cool down and put in fridge my experience with these is thay last couple weeks in air tight container. Enjoy and let me know what you think! I will post more recipes as i experiment with them, give me some ideas of what you think or would like to see in the bars like maybe some dried fruits or nuts mmmmmm.

Nutritional Facts for 1 serving
230 calories
25 carbs (from oats)
18 g protein
10 g fat

Replies

• DeeZaster
    DeeZaster Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sounds SO good! I wanna try them!
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yes...sounds yummy! I will get the stuff next shopping trip! Thanks, and if you have anymore you come up with please share!
  • Markymark1
    Options
    Add as a friend i will be adding recipes as i experiment with stuff especially for the on the go people, and the (broke) peeps like myself that cant afford the fancy shakes and bars.
  • ronmichel
    ronmichel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am gonna give these a try, they sound good!
  • harleymotivatedmama
    Options
    yummy yummy ... I am so gonna add you as a friend creative helathy and cost conscious my kinda gal...:happy:
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • harleymotivatedmama
    Options
    oops didn't look closely sorry my kinda guy....:laugh:
  • EHunter04
    Options
    These sound great, and a lot cheaper then the store bought ones...Thanks
    I can't wait to see more of your recipes!
  • Max_Power
    Max_Power Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Those sound great, I'm going to make some this weekend! Couple questions- Do the oats need to be instant, or regular? Do they need to refrigerated right until use, or would it be ok to take one to eat after work without being refrigerated all day? And one I should know- oats are complex (good) carbs, right? Thanks!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ***bump
  • Markymark1
    Options
    @max_power ur absolutely correct complex= good carbs! I use quaker oats the old fashion natural kind. As far as being refrigerated i think they should be o.k as long as there wrapped in something. Think of it as another dessert do cookies need to be refregerated=nope. same type ingredients just healthy for you.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Teresa652
    Teresa652 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    bump

You can make this for us tomorrow.
  • msarmond
    Options
    thank you, i'll try them, then i'll let you know what i think. thanks again!!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I'm getting tired of paying too much for ones that don't really taste that good.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    sounds good. i think i may try this tomorrow except i will sub vanilla whey protein powder to choc whey protein powder....
    thanks
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    bump! will be using choc whey and omitting the choc chips, I think... the peanut butter makes these sound SO good :)