Patting myself on the back.....

Options
Okay, so its my second week and the scale did NOT move when I weighed this morning, so of course that had me down a little all day. I have been going back and forth in my head all day thinking I should just blow it and eat whatever I wanted. (I had plenty of "excuses" like the scale, stress and so on) Well I over did it by 530 calories. I was sitting at the table thinking this will never work, but the more I thought about it the more I got mad at myself. So this time instead of thinking about the negative I decided to do something about it. I went to the local track and walked and ran. (Mostly walked) Anyway I burned those calories plus 150 more. Just wanted to share my small success.

Replies

• LinnPitt
    Options
    congrats.. I think it is fabulous that you could overcome yourself and keep going.. self sabbotage has always been one of my main problems with weight loss. I wish you strength instead of luck.. cuz luck has nothing to do with it.
    today was my first day but by no means my last.
  • Bonnie555
    Options
    Great turn around:)
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I dont think anything is ever Small when it comes to weight loss.
    You are doing great. I have wanted to just give in so many times
    but I think about how much I like myself now, I never have really
    cared about myself before, So this weight loss is for me. Just
    take it one day at a time and 1 pound at a time. You can do this.
    Good luck.
  • Bosslady11611362
    Options
    Awesome thinking! I'm glad you had an about face and did the right thing. Everyone has a day like that now and again, and we pick ourselves up and get back on track! Good job! :flowerforyou:
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    I have done this journal entry for over a year. I have just recently gotten more active with Wii fit and walking. It takes alot of dedicaton. I have only lost 3 lbs.274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The first weeks are the tougest - well - I am only halfway so I should preface - so far! I did not lose the first two weeks and then lost 4.5 the third week. I have lost consistently since then - sometimes small and sometimes larger. Each week I learn more about my body, what foods to eat, new exercises, etc. This site is AWESOME! Try not to focus on the scale but changing the lifestyle to make you healthy! You can do it!
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I totally agree. I'm so bad with the self sabotage! bah! All I know is that someone just dropped a huge pizza off on my desk at work and instead of eating it, I gave it away and dug into my salad with a vengence! I have to say, I feel so much better that I didn't actually stuff my face full of it. So YAY for good choices! Otherwise I'd be walking my butt off instead of sitting here typing this!
  • jenjust6
    Options
    Good job! That's the key, I'm realizing...even when you "fall off the wagon", don't just give up on it, You made a great choice, and a series of those will get you to where you're going!!!!!!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I think it's wonderful that you were able to stop the negative thoughts! Plus you went out and exercised to make up for the snacking!! Fantastic!! You should be extremely proud of yourself!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    That's the great thing about MFP. It's NOT A DIET. There are no absolute "rights" and "wrongs." It's an adult site. YOU are in charge. You took control and you did great. Don't worry about the scales initially. Be concerned with following the program. Great job!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :smile:
  • jarynt
    jarynt Posts: 5
    Options
    Keep fighting, take it day by day.. Every day isn't your last!