Snacks??

Options
2»

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Any small meal can be a snack.
    If I start feeling too snack-y it's because I need protein, and/or, I need to eat some veggies, like, a steamed veggie or some chopped salad.
    Might help if you track your water intake, to make sure you don't confuse thirst with hunger.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Emerald brand makes 100 calorie packets of either all almonds or almonds and walnuts.

Try the cocoa roast almonds....OMG. amazing!!
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I succumbed to the ad for Fiber One chocolate cereal with fiber a week ago, and it's about as sweet as you can imagine. One serving with Hood dairy beverage is 115 calories and if you want a treat, it's actually very satisfying. On top of the sweet chocolate flavor, it's loaded with fiber. You can eat them plain (they are very crunchy), but they are so sweet, I need to wash them down with milk. Certainly satisfies my sweet tooth!
  • Kitpurr
    Kitpurr Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you want a treat then have the real thing BUT just get one serving of something your really, really like. Ignore the family block of generic dairy milk and get the small bar of the good stuff. I like fererro and lindt. Not sure if you have those in the US but they're good. Buy a small packet of the best crisps in your favorite flavor. If there is more than one serve in the packet find someone to split them with, feed the pigeons if you can't!

If you just want to mindlessly nom on something raw veggies and fruit are your best option. Carrots, Cabbage(like coleslaw but without the dressing), celery, tomatoes, cucumber. Roast up some green beans until they are caramelized and add some salt. You can also get something called lupini beans in brine, they are salty like chips but are pretty low cal.

Sweeter fruit can be tricky. Dried fruit is actually pretty high calorie. I like to eat an apple with a pairing knife and just whittle little slices off it while I watch a show. It keeps my hands busy and draws out the snack for longer.

Add some protein to your snack! It will fill you up and keep it that way. Hummus is good with veggies, fry up some haloumi or eat a boiled egg with some salt.
  • SkinnyWannabeGal
    SkinnyWannabeGal Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1) I like to eat an Adora dark chocolate calcium medallion as a snack. I need to eat it anyway as my daily calcium supplement so I eat it at snack time so it feels like a treat.

2) Dole frozen dark chocolate covered banana slices. 4 in a pack @ only 100 calories. I eat half a pack as a snack and save the other 2 slices for later.

3) coffee. I've been drinking a cup of coffee between breakfast and lunch as a snack.

4) blueberries. I love to snack on a handful of these between meals.

5) mangoes. I eat half a mango as a snack on some days.

6) 1-2 TBSP of fresh guacamole with 4-6 tortilla chips is one of my fave snack time splurges
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

6) 1-2 TBSP of fresh guacamole with 4-6 tortilla chips is one of my fave snack time splurges

I wish I could just eat a tablespoon of guac and a half dozen chips! :love:
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nuts, kale chips, plain popcorn
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and hummus.

All the way, every day.