Opinions: Almond Breeze VS Silk

Options
CoderGal
CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
For those of you who have tried both which do you like and why? Have you tried it in hot drinks? I've heard some of them clump and are quite nasty.

Which ones are good in cooking/hot drinks?

Replies

• _z_o_ë_
    Options
    Personally I like Almond Breeze better. It's more mild, and definitely smoother tasting. Both work fine in hot drinks, but again Almond Breeze is better. Just make sure you don't get it too hot, otherwise it'll taste... not bad, but a little more papery and harsh almost? It's hard to explain.
    I do love Silk Soy Milk though! ♥
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Of the two I tried I liked Almond Breeze better. Though I have found I like coconut milk the best. Of the three types I never had any issues with clumping in my heated oatmeal or in my cold protein shakes
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze - the unsweetened vanilla is my favorite. I havent really cooked with it but I do use it in hot oatmeal and have never noticed any clumping/
  • gcampos
    gcampos Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla. It's only 40 cal They also have one with half almond milk/coconut milk :)
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    We've been using Almond Breeze unsweetened Vanilla, but we just picked up a jug of the Silk Pure Almond because it has 5 fewer calories a serving. We use it for smoothies, mostly, and hubby uses it for cereal. We like both equally, they're both tasty.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Anyone concerned with the carrageenan in almond breeze?
  • Borgg
    Borgg Posts: 7
    Options
    I've tried Almond Breeze and Silk... my favorite is actually Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. It tastes much better than the other two.
  • jessica_johnson2011
    Options
    Almond Breeze! So much better! :) I have drank it hot, cold, used it in meals, etc. Love it!
    For those of you who have tried both which do you like and why? Have you tried it in hot drinks? I've heard some of them clump and are quite nasty.

Which ones are good in cooking/hot drinks?
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    I love the Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla. It's only 40 cal They also have one with half almond milk/coconut milk :)

that sounds...amazing!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I prefer Almond Breeze and I heat with oregon chai for a latte and its wonderful....
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I like both in unsweetened vanilla. almond breeze a little more.
  • bery79
    Options
    I like Silk better, a few days ago I purchased Almond Breeze because it was recommended by Consumer's Report magazine, but I just opened the carton to have a glass and it's bland, plain, nothing memorable for my palate... it tastes like nothing and I love how Silk has that nutty, whole flavor. I tried the Unsweetened Vanilla cause I hate too sweet beverages.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've used both. I buy the vanilla unsweetened, I honestly don't notice a difference. I guess it just depends on where i go shopping when i run out LOL Win-co doesn't carry the Silk brand, and Walmart doesn't carry Almond Breeze. I'm sure i would if i sat down and drank a glass of each, but i've never actually drank a glass of either. I only really use it on Cereal, or in Smoothies but i have cooked w/ it in the past in place of milk before.
  • crazeedeysi
    crazeedeysi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I like both. I tend to buy Almond Breeze a bit more because its a bit cheaper. I drink unsweetened vanilla for both. I honestly can't tell a difference.
  • katikstefik
    Options
    I like almond Silk better
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Almond breeze by far, silk isn't bad for drinking or using a little in oatmeal but I hate cooking with it. I personally use the unsweetened versions of regular and vanilla so maybe the sweetened ones aren't as bad for cooking.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Sounds like wall paint colours....sorry, carry on.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla: 30 cals a cup and delicious. If I get thirsty in the middle of the night, sometimes I'll just take a swig out of the carton since I'm the only one in my house who drinks it. I've cooked and baked with it. No problems. The only thing it won't quite do is instant pudding...but it still works if you use 1/2 to 2/3 as much as the instructions call for in order to thicken it. Also you can add sugarless Cool Whip to the almond milk and pudding to make it thick and fluffy.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Breeze unsweetened Vanilla.

I have it my coffee and use it when making scrambled eggs with no issues.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I much prefer the Almond Breeze to the Silk. That being said, I'll buy whatever is on sale. :smile: