Gazelle

Shamelesness
Shamelesness Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Aloha, I need some help setting up the "exercise" for Gazelle Edge? Is there a similar machine or what would you use? Great Job everyone!

Replies

• Bump! We just got one and I have not done it enough to log yet, but was thinking maybe eliptical, but lower the calories burned a little?? I wish I just had a HRM!
  • This has been the only website I can find that tracks Gazelle calories burnt...it does compare to the elliptical trainer calories burnt on here.
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I also have a Gazelle, and a battery door on the computer that refuses to budge, so I found this handy tool on a website that lets you put in your weight and choose several levels of Gazelle usage from the drop down menu to get the calorie burn.

http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

You can get the info that fits you, and add it into the MFP database, BUT unlike additions to the food database, personalized exercise entries are only available to the person who entered them. The good news is, the MFP exercise database is "smart." When you put in your entry the first time, let's say 30 minutes and 300 calories burned, when you pull up the database entry window and put in the number of minutes you did the activity, it will automatically calculate the correct calories.

One other point about the website tool above. I recommend re-calculating your number about every 10 lbs. lost because it will change (lower) as you get lighter. When I entered my Gazelle exercise in the database, I put a weight number as part of the description, so I would know which one to choose as I got smaller.

Happy Gazelling!!

EDIT: So while I was busy writing my "novella" it appears someone else gave the same website,:ohwell: Great minds think alike!!:wink:
  • :bigsmile: I can tell you're going to be great support or at least your posts are. Thanks for the info on the Gazelle.
  • HRM? :huh:
  • Thanks so much for the info!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Heart Rate Monitor. But, I used the website above and it was really cool! Thanks!
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    I have a Gazelle and I track my calories burned with a HRM. I tried that website and it was over my HRM calorie burned estimate by about 100 calories with it set on light effort and I push much harder than light effort. I'm usually in the 65-75% area for heart rate when on it. I would take that with a grain of salt like all things. :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    No website is infallible, but when one has no HRM available, using an available tool to make an educated guess is certainly better than a shot in the dark.
  • lucky01day
    lucky01day Posts: 21 Member
    I just bought one this past week and am loving it already!!! I use the website listed above though mine tracks the calories burned... seems to track them a lot higher on the machine which makes me really leary so I go for the lower of the #'s and just work out longer/harder to reach my goal... def feeling the machine on my arms and legs though more than I ever have going full speed even on the elliptical!
This discussion has been closed.