Coffee questions

Options
Can somebody help a sista out.. I'm up here in Merryland (Maryland) lol, and during the winter I like to drink tea and coffee.. Soooo for the tea I use honey most times for sweetness... ( and a shif of GIN for the record) Ha, but any hoo..What can I use for sweetner instead of sugar? I use stevia from time to time for my protein shakes or cottage cheese, but for me Stevia can leave an after taste...

Anyone has Suggestions???? Thanks:bigsmile: :smokin: :glasses: :happy:

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Well, I would say use regular sugar, but then consecutively cut down the amount of sugar you use over the course of a few days/weeks. To me, fake sweeteners taste fake and give me headaches, so I use real sugar, but then cut the amount down over time. I now drink my coffee black, and use a tiny bit of sugar in my tea sometimes.
  • cognita
    Options
    Check out agave syrup. I was a honey addict (had mine on toast!) and I switched to agave. It's around 12 calls pet tablespoon depending on the branding. They stock it near the jam/peanut butter in UK supermarkets but it might be with natural sugars like stevia too :)
  • IHaveToMuchSexy
    Options
    Yayyyy! Thanks you guy.. And yes if I'm going to use sugar it will be regular because the artificial sugar is horrible..lol..lol.. But Agave sugar? Hmmmmm! I will try that today.. I'm not a big sugar user , but for coffee I gotta have something especially up here with the Winter and Fall..

Thank you guys!
    Smooches:love:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I use Truvia.
  • ItsJenney
    Options
    The only artificial sweetener I use is Splenda, all the others taste terrible to me and leave an aftertaste.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about splenda, but they have flavored splenda for coffee. I've seen only the french vanilla and the mocha, but supposedly there's a cinnamon roll flavor too.
  • shellymkmatthews
    Options
    Coconut palm sugar. Low glycemic index. Anything all natural is better than artificial.
    If you like flavored creamers, I suggest coconut milk creamer, the SO vanilla is delish. A little goes a long way. uses cane sugar, not artificial for sweetener.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I use truvia, to me it doesn't leave the nasty sugar free taste .
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I agree with using sugar but just trying to use less. I used to be the sort of girl who needed her coffee really sweet, but over the past year I've been cutting back on the sweetness a lot. I got a pumpkin spice latte the other day (first "fancy" coffee drink in a year...can't resist the PSL, lol!) and while the flavor was as good as I remembered, it was so sweet to me that I could barely drink it - I ended up cutting it with some regular coffee. A year ago it would have been perfect for me.

While I do drink WAY too much Diet Coke (some habits are pretty hard to break, haha), outside of that when I have a choice I always pick a smaller amount of "real" ingredients over "fake" stuff. I know that's a major oversimplification and there's probably nothing wrong with the "fake" stuff, but it's just the way I prefer to eat. I find myself much more satisfied that way.
  • IHaveToMuchSexy
    Options
    Yes, artificial sucks.. But I did not know coconut milk has a creamer? What section is it in, in the grocery store?
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I was able to use less sugar by using cinnamon in my coffee and now I don't use any sugar just cinnamon and splash of skim milk.
  • shellymkmatthews
    Options
    Yes, artificial sucks.. But I did not know coconut milk has a creamer? What section is it in, in the grocery store?
    Mine is near the other creamers. in the refrigerated section. I get mine from my whole foods, sprouts or central market or target. I'm pretty sure they carry it at big box grocery like kroger.
    this might help
    http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/store-finder
  • IHaveToMuchSexy
    Options
    Ok.. Thank you so much, yes it was by the creamers up here too.. :flowerforyou:
  • JustT1m
    JustT1m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black no sugar or cream. Takes a little to get use to.