• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Good, but only if you go to a ramen house
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Maybe of interest:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/teen-eats-ramen-noodles-13-years-article-1.1312782

Love this part:
    "Readman's doctors said she is malnourished and has the health of an 80-year old. She weighs about 98 pounds at 5'3".

Yummy noodles.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Love ramen noodles and I have wondered the same thing! I was eating them everyday before I joined MFP. The Beef is also my favorite but my daughter has made a bad creation that tastes sooooo good ! She makes the shrimp, drains all but a little of the water off then adds the season packet and a tbs of mayo to make it creamy... OMG my guilty pleasure for sure!!!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I enjoy mine as long as they fit in my goals for the day. I don't use the seasoning though- too much salt. I toss with olive oil, basil and Parmesan.
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHICKEN FLAVORED RAMEN!! Don't stop eating it. Sodium is a little high but moderation is key..
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ETL4jtr.gif

LMAO!! I love this!:laugh:
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I haven't had ramen noodles since I started losing weight, but my 6 year old is a HUGE ramen noodle lover! He especially likes them (chicken flavor) with the broth drained, covered with crushed croutons and parmesan cheese.
    I only make them for him as a special treat, like a day off school etc.
  • Heatherbell14
    Options
    ETL4jtr.gif

This is out of control funny!! LoL
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    I love the Ramen video gift! It's probably a Japanese commercial. They make some crazy commercials. You can find plenty of them on Youtube.

Like any good but less healthy food just eat in moderation. I haven't ate Ramen in a long time, but I use to add vegtables to mine. Adding vegtables and/or meat to them will make them healthier. I don't know if Ramen packets have any vitamins in them, so at least adding some will make it less of a "empty calorie" food.

I also agree with the poster who said to go to a Ramen house! In the topic of noddle soups, Pho is really good too. That is my current favorite noodle soup. It's Vietnamese not Japanese, but really good! Especially with rice noodles. I buy it freshly made, not dry packaged stuff.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why would ramen noodles be bad? Certainly you need to eat other things too, but unless you have been instructed not to eat pasta by your doctor, I can't see any reason they couldn't be part of a healthy diet. It's just pasta.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I had a package of ramen noodles once, and that was all it took for me to never have them again. :bigsmile:

However, nothing is really "bad" for you. It's all about moderation.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum,
    they are good mixed with a little bit of vodka.
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe of interest:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/teen-eats-ramen-noodles-13-years-article-1.1312782

Love this part:
    "Readman's doctors said she is malnourished and has the health of an 80-year old. She weighs about 98 pounds at 5'3".

Yummy noodles.

Thanks for sharing! I loved that part too! Luckily my love for Ramen doesnt run that deep :)
  • DesdemonaRose
    Options
    The High School I went too had a Ramen Noodle club one year. They meet up and ate Ramen. It was before I attended so I didn't get to join the club, but there is a lot of love for those cheap little noodles :)
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love them too! But I throw away the seasoning packet and use some beef or chicken stock instead. Sometimes add a little cayenne pepper to kick it up. Mush less sodium that way!
  • Qinnih
    Options
    I used to love them too! but now I can't eat them any more because whenever I do, I get horrible stomach-aches that makes me want to puke afterwards, no matter what brand of noodle I'm eating. Must be something in the instant noodles :(. If you go to a ramen house or make yours from scratch, I think that would be a lot healthier and nutritious for you (plus no stomach cramps for me haha)

If you must eat the instant ones, you should boil the noodle two times! First time don't put any of the packs into the soup yet, and drain the boiled-noodle water to get rid of the oil and preservatives on the dry noodles, and the second time is when you can put in the soup mix. Add bakchoi and beef to make it "healthier"?

Also, I agree with DesdemonaRose; Pho is so GOOOOOD. SO good. and great alternative to instant noodles :D. you should try it if you haven't yet :D
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have not had Ramen in forever!!! :sad: Used to love it as a kid
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Maybe of interest:

Love this part:

Yummy noodles.

Lol nobody said to only eat ramen noddles.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Love ramen noodles and I have wondered the same thing! I was eating them everyday before I joined MFP. The Beef is also my favorite but my daughter has made a bad creation that tastes sooooo good ! She makes the shrimp, drains all but a little of the water off then adds the season packet and a tbs of mayo to make it creamy... OMG my guilty pleasure for sure!!!

im trying this tomorrow omg sounds toooooooooo good...I must be hungry. I was way too excited about that:laugh:
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love them with laughing cow cheese or sour cream added. YUM.