Peanut Butter Alternatives?

Options
Does anyone have any good alternatives to peanut butter? I like to eat rice cakes or toast for breakfast but 2 Tbsp's of peanut butter is around 200 calories. For the days that I need to lighten up my calories, do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You can mix plain greek yogurt with peanut butter and spread that on your rice cakes or toast.
    You get the peanut butter taste but less calories and fat and more protein.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I soemtimes use jelly or butter and honey on rice cakes. I bet cream cheese, any flavor, would be good as well. I also use PB2 a lot, although it's just not the same as real PB!
  • Caliban036
    Options
    Go with just one teaspoon of PB then. Never say no to peanut butter. :)
  • kandi810
    kandi810 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 and LOVE it! You can get it online.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Peanut Butter and I had to switch to PB2. Its pretty good and you just mix it with water! Its is a GREAT alternative for only ~45 cals for 2 TBS.
  • TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 which is also great in smoothies.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    use 1 tbsp of peanut butter... it's half the calories of 2 tbsps.

EAT ALL THE PEANUT BUTTERZ! (and don't settle for lame imitations)
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try Almond butter. Its pricey but its sooooo good on rice cakes. (I think its more like 160-170 for 2 tbsp)
    I like peanut butter but I can do without it. I'm not a die hard peanut butter eater!
  • kthartz2000
    Options
    What is PB2?
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Go with just one teaspoon of PB then. Never say no to peanut butter. :)
    exactly
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?

PB2 is just crushed peanuts where the oil has been compressed out and then they are powdered and I "Think" tthey add sugar. But because there is no oil the calories are way less. You mix it with water. Its good. Not great but good.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    use 1 tbsp of peanut butter... it's half the calories of 2 tbsps.

EAT ALL THE PEANUT BUTTERZ! (and don't settle for lame imitations)

THIS. Most mornings I have a whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp peanut butter and banana. I LOVE PB. For a while i was using PB2, which is good, but it just isn't the same!!!!!! :) Enjoy it! PB is good for you!
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    I use better n peanut butter... and i really like it.

Another good tip is that you can really stretch your peanut butter by heating it up in the microwave before spreading ... you cover more area with less pb this way...

My personal suggestion... maybe reconsider the rice cakes and go with something a bit more fiber rich like Wasa fiber crispbread (35cal a slice)... that way you are adding some valuable fiber to that quick burning carbohydrate

43359607.png[/url]
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    What is PB2?

tears and sadness in a jar.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Toppings for rice cakes:

humous
    cottage cheese
    marmite
    laughing cow
    salsa
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Suggestions? Use less peanut butter…..but for the sake of everything holy……do not use an alternative. You should not mess with peanut butter. (especially if there is chocolate involved)
  • crackur
    Options
    What is PB2?

tears and sadness in a jar.
    bwahahaahhah

looks like a nasty powdered substance.

just not right.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    PB2!! I love it, not exactly like PB, but pretty darn close, its powder but you add water to it if you want to make it spreadable, or you can add it to shakes in the powder form, IMO its a great replacement!!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    PB2 works pretty well actually

45 instead of 180 calories for 2T?? Yes please!
  • crackur
    Options
    no its not.......there is not substitute ......its like chocolate.....hell like alcohol........there is none....the joys that come with is cant be replace....