Same Ol' Deal...new website

Options
And i'm hoping this one will be the one! I got so frustrated with all the others i tried because they NEVER had the foods that I was eating and i had to create all my own foods...sucked. so far, MFP has been amazing as far as finding EVERYTHING that I eat!

My sister lives in AK and I live in CT together we dieted and worked out earlier this year from Jan-April to get ready for my wedding. It was wonderful. I dropped 15 lbs and could fit into my wedding dress again! (it fit when i bought it and then couldn't close it just a few months before the wedding!!!!) on the day of the wedding we actually had to use a few safety pins to tighten my corset/bra because i'd thinned so much. My sister did too!

She'd just had my newest nephew in October and by my wedding in April she looked fabulous!

So here we are trying it again. Holding each other accountable from 5,000 miles; and 4 time zones away to work out and eat right. Here's hoping that this site will be yet another way to be held accountable!

Replies

• KristyO
    KristyO Posts: 126
    Options
    Good for both you and your sister! ...and congratulations on the wedding and your new nephew!
  • rochelleac8
    rochelleac8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I've invited her to join this site so hopefully she will! we shall see! She's got 3 munchkins that keep her pretty busy so a moment on the computer is a blessing!!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    How lovely that you and your sister can support each other. Congrats! MFP is a very good tool and it will be fun to log with someone that you know outside of this social network. Best of luck and if you want to add me as a freind feel free!:drinker:
  • jewahdenny
    Options
    this is by far the best site, track food, track exercise and encourage others. Best of luck. I have three lil ones also, so I feel the time issue.

Denny
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Welcome! I am genuinely happy for you! I'm glad you're here!
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!

Yes, I have used a few other websites, but they really and truly just cannot compare. The food database was worse, but the community here is also just worlds apart. I have really made fitness pals here that encourage me and keep me accountable. It's a great place to ask questions, share celebrations, vent grievances and in general go through the journey of weight loss with a supportive community who knows exactly what you're going through.

I've lost 13 pounds since I joined July 27, which for me is exactly the pace I want to be going at!! I feel so lucky to have found MFP : )

So glad you and your sister will be in this together, that's so great!