Buddy System - need guidance and support!

Options
i think it would be nice if someone that has made it far into their weight loss journey could buddy up with someone that hasn't yet.
i think each person would have to be on the same weight loss plan for optimal results.
the mentor/sponsor/whatever you want to call them, could offer support and guidance to the new person.
even if only for a short time, until the new person gained some momentum.

i am at the beginning of my journey, although i've been here a thousand times.
i would love to correspond regularly with someone that meets the following (or most of the following) criteria.

- is a clean eater
- started exercising in a small way and has worked their way up to an active lifestyle
- has lost at least 50 pounds
- is totally embracing their healthy lifestyle
- is willing to receive cries for help from me when i'm struggling

hopefully someone out there is interested.

Replies

• girlienerd
    girlienerd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea. I hope you find someone far into their journey to help you. A buddy is always a huge help!!
  • mama78loosinWeight
    Options
    That is a really awesome idea! I think that would work really well. When I fist started I always chose friends who were my weight and had my goals because it seemed like we would just get along better. I have read some pretty awful stuff that people have gotten as responses for friend request from "really fit" people on the site when being approached by someone who is just starting out. I know when I started I had a lot of health problems and I had to start out slow, I think changing your diet and exercise steadily and regularly for the better each week really is the way to go for success.
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i wish there was a like button!
  • tbblake
    tbblake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If someone(OP included) needs a buddy like that I'm happy to join in. I'm down a total of 161 pounds now. Have been making slow but constant changes over the past 4 years and feel like I'm doing great. I workout 3-6 times per week(3x cardio, 3x strenth training), eat very clean(with a tiny cheat here or there to stay sane) and maintain a low calorie count. Still working on finding a good balance of workout & food and wondering what weight I'll stabilize at. If you're at all interested just shoot me a message!
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i would love to have someone check in with me daily.
    just for a week or so til i get a routine going.

if anyone's willing to help, i would greatly appreciate it!